What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Event image

Pinball Office Pre-Pinfest Weekender - 10-11th August

Gonna have to set a reminder for Saturday so I remember while were are all NERGing away to try and get on the list.

The tournament is up now -

Last edited:
How are the numbers looking for this? Looking forward to getting some good practice in before PinFest!

I've just got the numbers from Chris for the weekend, just waiting for a list of names.

For the Saturday it looks like we have quite a small turn out - about 12 people booked in. The plan was to just do 18 holes of Pin Golf, split into a front 9 and back 9, and put people into groups of 3-4. Half the groups would go round and do the front 9 together, while the other half do the back 9, then swap after lunch. We'll have a small final (with the existing numbers, it'd be top 4 - I planned to do Amazing Race but it doesn't really work with 4!). I plan to book a table at the local curry house for dinner on the Saturday.

Timings - Doors at 10.30am, Pin golf start approx 11am, lunch at 1.30pm, and start finals approx 4pm.

I'm happy to still do this but want to let people know that the turn out will be low - especially for those who are staying overnight.

For the Sunday, so far we have 20 people - again, just waiting on the list of names so I can set up Matchplay.

I guess the timing of this isn't great - but do let me know if you are planning to come so we can bump up the numbers - or if you choose to cancel (especially the Saturday), I do understand and you will be able to arrange a refund or voucher via Chris through the Pinball Office website.

I've just got the numbers from Chris for the weekend, just waiting for a list of names.

For the Saturday it looks like we have quite a small turn out - about 12 people booked in. The plan was to just do 18 holes of Pin Golf, split into a front 9 and back 9, and put people into groups of 3-4. Half the groups would go round and do the front 9 together, while the other half do the back 9, then swap after lunch. We'll have a small final (with the existing numbers, it'd be top 4 - I planned to do Amazing Race but it doesn't really work with 4!). I plan to book a table at the local curry house for dinner on the Saturday.

Timings - Doors at 10.30am, Pin golf start approx 11am, lunch at 1.30pm, and start finals approx 4pm.

I'm happy to still do this but want to let people know that the turn out will be low - especially for those who are staying overnight.

For the Sunday, so far we have 20 people - again, just waiting on the list of names so I can set up Matchplay.

I guess the timing of this isn't great - but do let me know if you are planning to come so we can bump up the numbers - or if you choose to cancel (especially the Saturday), I do understand and you will be able to arrange a refund or voucher via Chris through the Pinball Office website.
Thanks Claire, I’ll still be attending both days but won’t be able to come for a curry (we’re staying on a campsite near Elsenham and bringing our dog - I’ll be getting the train to and from). My trains get into Sawbridgeworth at 10:03 on Saturday so I’ll be a bit early, and 10:33 on Sunday.

Shame about the low numbers but hopefully get a few more, and regardless it’ll just be nice to meet some new people and have a go at the PBO’s machines!

Looking forward to Sunday's matchplay! Still some spaces available for both days folks, get yourself booked in, last chance to practice your competitive skills before Pinfest (plus its always a fun day!)

I'm sorry - With the lack of numbers it made more sense to have a longer 18 hole Pin Golf rather than having a small golf (with 9 holes max) + a small strikes comp.

Back
Top Bottom