What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Heaven resigns as Pinball Brothers distributor...

I am so happy this has happened so I do not have to look at the underside of these playfields anymore!

Alien is a good game. Queen is good apart from the artwork....

But the software and boardset..... :(

Abba sold a massive ONE unit. One more than spinal tap I would guess.

Shame really because Alien is/was a dream theme but it really needed somebody else to make it.

I must admit that I enjoyed having it for three weeks (thanks Phil) so never had to worry about the maintenance.

Lots of adjustments with the flippers if I remember. They just didn't feel right.

As for Queen . . . I felt a bit guilty walking into PH HQ and slagging it off but honestly, Super Hoop was more fun by some distance.

Always do what's in the best interest of the business.

End of the day Stern, JJP, Chicago Gaming, and Spooky make up the majority of the sales in the UK...

They build machines everyone wants.

Had an Alien Ripley edition for 6 months, two parts have broken both were repairable with a generic nut n bolt so the game wasn't out of action at any point.
Pinball Brothers immediately sent new replacements from Italy via express FedEx and received them in a few days. (Went direct to them rather than hassle Phil)
Great customer service. Amazing game.

Yeah - pinball brothers were either on the money sending out spares - or waiting for weeks. Ask Mr Riley.

Anyway me and @philpalmer went to Ladbrokes to put on a bet on who the next UK distro was going to be - but they wouldn't take the bet.

Does it really matter who takes over the distribution if Phil doesn't want it?

I appreciate that there must be overhead for a distributor fixing machine but it is the reason buyers rely on the distributor to help make things right. The assumption being that this would be baked into the price of sale with a warranty and that the distro would do some quality assurance on the product before they sold it so they didn't get stung by this.

And I am not proposing that anyone covers up their experience but it may make people very cautious of buying a boutique NIB machine, if their six month old purchase is then being knocked by the person who sold it to them and those who were supporting it.

I had an alien recently and it was junk, Phil sorted me out with first class service and I’m glad to see he doesn’t want his customers buying sub standard products or want to deal with companies that provide poor quality, again another reason I always go back to him, good call I think

Back
Top Bottom