What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orlando / Disney / Universal Chat

We were happy to split the family for single rider queue did save a lot of time but you do sometimes miss the ride build up attractions , the missus wouldn’t do it for Gringotts as you miss the bank goblins.

Single rider also works best for rides which have rows of more than two. The single rider line for Hagrids and Velocicoaster in particular can take longer than the normal queue.

When we join the Hagrids line I always try to remember what someone joining the single rider line at the same time looks like - 80% of the time we catch up to them in the final room and beat them on.

I've never booked with Tui myself but I've had the occasional look and I’ve definitely seen Royal Pacific as an option before. Either way it can make sense to book one night at one of the three top hotels even if you have another hotel sorted for the duration of the trip just for the express.

August is peak season and would be pretty last minute, but I've just had a look at the night of the 13th August on hotels.com for two adults and two teens. Royal Pacific is £403, Hard Rock is £476 and Portofino is £488.

View attachment 255749

If we go with Royal Pacific as the cheapest of those, that works out to £100.75 for two days of unlimited express per person / £50.38 per day and you get a hotel room chucked in.

If you were buying Unlimited Express direct from Universal it would cost $180 + tax per person on the 13th and $170 + tax per person on the 14th. That works out to $372.75 / £293.47 for two days of unlimtes express per person / £146.74 per day.

The only problem is once you get used to having Unlimited Express you'll always want it. My wife and I love Sapphire Falls but tend to end up staying at Royal Pacific instead just to get the benefit. Then again we don't have kids so only have to cover flights / park tickets / meals for two, which makes the whole trip much more affordable. We also collect Virgin points which we use for flight redemptions etc.

For a little while we had the top tier Universal annual pass which gave us single use express after 4pm, and when we had that we ended up staying at Sapphire but this year we went back to lower tier passes and booking Royal Pacific. Being able to do what you want, when you want, with very little time spent in the lines is very hard to beat.
We are going to go for Hardrock. Any advantages to using Hotels.com? Or do you think best to book direct with Lowes, but is £12 more ?

We are going to go for Hardrock. Any advantages to using Hotels.com? Or do you think best to book direct with Lowes, but is £12 more ?

It depends really - I like to book on Hotels.com because I earn Virgin points via the Shops Away portal, and also because as a Hotels.com member I get one free 'reward night' for every ten nights I book through the platform.

If you don't collect Virgin Points and aren't a Hotels.com member then the only benefit for booking via Hotels.com is that you can pay in GBP, whereas if you book direct with Loews you'll pay in USD and depending on your credit card incur some FX fees. If Hotels.com is cheaper though I don't think there's any reason not to go for it, it's how we normally book and we've never had any problems.

You can also check the prices via Universal but again you'll pay in USD

Both Royal Pacific and Hard Rock are both great options, you can't go wrong with either. If your kids are young adults and you're staying at Cabana Bay for the rest of your visit then Hard Rock probably edges it. If it weren't for those two factors I'd say consider Royal Pacific for proximity to Sapphire Falls for Strong Water Tavern, but Cabana Bay is just over the road from Sapphire so will be easy for you to check out another time.

We find Portofino a bit sedate, and it's also undergoing fairly major renovations at the moment so I'd strongly recommend avoiding til those are over.

Hope you have an amazing trip.

It depends really - I like to book on Hotels.com because I earn Virgin points via the Shops Away portal, and also because as a Hotels.com member I get one free 'reward night' for every ten nights I book through the platform.

If you don't collect Virgin Points and aren't a Hotels.com member then the only benefit for booking via Hotels.com is that you can pay in GBP, whereas if you book direct with Loews you'll pay in USD and depending on your credit card incur some FX fees. If Hotels.com is cheaper though I don't think there's any reason not to go for it, it's how we normally book and we've never had any problems.

You can also check the prices via Universal but again you'll pay in USD

Both Royal Pacific and Hard Rock are both great options, you can't go wrong with either. If your kids are young adults and you're staying at Cabana Bay for the rest of your visit then Hard Rock probably edges it. If it weren't for those two factors I'd say consider Royal Pacific for proximity to Sapphire Falls for Strong Water Tavern, but Cabana Bay is just over the road from Sapphire so will be easy for you to check out another time.

We find Portofino a bit sedate, and it's also undergoing fairly major renovations at the moment so I'd strongly recommend avoiding til those are over.

Hope you have an amazing trip.
massive thanks buddy

Really boils my P!ss the whole fast pass, genie + thing

Must have spent £3500 for all the tickets for a family of 4. To then have to fork out again is beyond me. Just another way to milk you for every penny.

I’m going end of August as it’s the quietest time to go so hopefully the ques won’t be too bad.

Must have spent £3500 for all the tickets for a family of 4. To then have to fork out again is beyond me. Just another way to milk you for every penny.

I’m going end of August as it’s the quietest time to go so hopefully the ques won’t be too bad.

Couldn’t agree more, they will just squeeze you for every cent!

We were at Universal on Sunday 07th July, it was surprisingly quiet, longest queue we had was for Velocicoaster, from entrance to ride was 15 minutes (standard walk on queue) most other rides were ITRO 5 minutes, less popular rides were just walk on! It was great!

Are Sundays quieter or was it to do with Independence Day being a few days prior??

This is one of the many reasons we haven’t been to Disney since 2019 - prices keep increasing, quality keeps declining, and they keep either cutting services that were previously included or replacing them with paid versions that don’t work as well. The endless nickel and diming is exhausting.

Couldn’t agree more, they will just squeeze you for every cent!

We were at Universal on Sunday 07th July, it was surprisingly quiet, longest queue we had was for Velocicoaster, from entrance to ride was 15 minutes (standard walk on queue) most other rides were ITRO 5 minutes, less popular rides were just walk on! It was great!

Are Sundays quieter or was it to do with Independence Day being a few days prior??

Anecdotally this summer seems to be quieter than it has been for quite some time. Florida tourism was huge post covid but it seems that the ‘revenge travel’ phenomenon has now calmed down a bit. Normally early July is peak season, particularly the days around the 4th.

prices keep increasing, quality keeps declining, and they keep either cutting services that were previously included or replacing them with paid versions that don’t work as well.
Agree 150%. I was lucky enough to go every year from 2016 to 2020. Then Covid etc hit... Went last in 2022 (October)... Magic completely gone. All about the £££. Bottle of coke in the park? £6 please. (£, since it was around £1.04 to the $). Pay to park at the resorts. Genie plus taking more ££ (Tho i was lucky and managed to get in right at the start when it was a fixed price - however now it's surge pricing & hit and miss).
That was disney... Universal wasnt a huge amount better to be fair.

I'm waiting for the sour taste in my mouth to disappear before I go back...! 😭

Took the fam to Arcade Monsters this evening- they had lots of fun and the wife actually enjoyed LOTR (didn’t complain for 4 hours which is a Christmas miracle)
I spent more time than I expected playing the Japanese Viewlix fighting stuff and rhythm games. Quick takes on the pins- John Wick LE is a good looking pin and backglass stands out. I seldom checked out the movie footage as my only chance was to trap up to hit the narrow ramp to lock balls- otherwise the slings were instant death- shots felt good and managed to get multi-ball going a few times. Never seen the movies but I liked the game.

Godfather was enjoyable but not £13k enjoyable- flippers not spongy like WOZ. Toy Story 4 was quite fun but my own kids strangely not bothered about it- both gravitated to MM and AFM. PF- wasn’t levelled so I can’t comment on it as it ruins the experience of any game. Favourite pins were EHOH, FF premium and Venom LE- sadly didn’t get a chance to play on Jaws LE as I ran out of time. Good venue but maybe avoid on weekends- gets very busyIMG_3499.jpeg

Went here the other day with the family. Had a great time and spent far longer than planned in there. Bargain for what it cost compared to the rest of I drive.

Attachments

• IMG_1632.webp
    IMG_1632.webp
    239.1 KB · Views: 22
Went here the other day with the family. Had a great time and spent far longer than planned in there. Bargain for what it cost compared to the rest of I drive.
Glad to see they have some CGC in there now like their Oviedo location, in April it was all Stern's and JJP's.
Will be popping in again next week.

Back
Top Bottom