What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pending.. Nice Stern C S I

Garry Sp8

Site Supporter
10 Years
I'm selling my refurbished CSI.
Playfield has been stripped down and everything cleaned. Playfield T-cutted and polished. Has a small touch up where the ball hits the playfield when ejected from the Lab scoop.
Has Cliffy protectors on Lab scoop and shooter lane.
Cols yellow protectors on slings and blue on centrifuge.
All new black rubbers with green super bands on bottom flippers.
Comet LEDs in GI and colour coded LEDs in inserts.
Has a working normal tube in backbox.
Original type display with no missing dots or faulty lines.

Great playing condition.

Cabinet has a few touch ups.
One side of the cabinet has "crazed" (see pics) but hasn't got any worse since I've had it.
Price: £2,800

IMG_3365.jpg
IMG_3439.GIF
IMG_3357.jpg
IMG_3347.jpg
IMG_3356.jpg
IMG_3348.jpg
IMG_3441.jpg
IMG_3350.jpg
IMG_3351.jpg
IMG_3349.jpg
IMG_3352.jpg
IMG_3353.jpg
IMG_3354.jpg
IMG_3355.jpg
IMG_3358.jpg
IMG_3359.jpg
IMG_3360.jpg
IMG_3361.jpg
IMG_3366.jpg
IMG_3367.jpg
IMG_3368.jpg
IMG_3370.jpg
IMG_3371.jpg
IMG_3372.jpg

I'm new here, been browsing for a while! Really like the look of this, it would be my first machine. What do you think, is this a good place to start? Never played this one but looks like alot of fun

I'm new here, been browsing for a while! Really like the look of this, it would be my first machine. What do you think, is this a good place to start? Never played this one but looks like alot of fun
I don't know much about CSI specifically but I bought my first machine from @Garry Sp8 a few months back and he had done a great job restoring the pin to a excellent condition so you know you're getting a pin that won't have issues.

I don't know much about CSI specifically but I bought my first machine from @Garry Sp8 a few months back and he had done a great job restoring the pin to a excellent condition so you know you're getting a pin that won't have issues.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I like the idea of having a recently refurbished machine, eager to learn and fix things down the road but first I just want a machine to play!

I brought a CSI as my 2nd pin, if Garry doesn't mind me posting on his sale thread I will chime in with my thoughts.....

In short, I think its a great first machine, I have had mine nearly three years and three months ago set it up at work where it gets a load of plays, so far have had one wire came off (probably down to my bad soldering when I replaced a switch) and a screw that worked lose and found its way into the skull jamming a ball in there. For a 15 year old game, its been remarkably solid.
It's also quite an easy pin to work on, it doesn't need a load of stuff removed for access on the top and on the underside the larger light boards can be removed easily for access.

If you have read any of the Pinside reviews, many people criticise it for 'shallow rules' this is both true and untrue at the same time, Compared to some of Sterns other titles from this era (Simpsons and LOTR) I can see where they are coming from but compared to games in a similar price point, not so much.
its definitely possible to see most of what the game has to offer in a single game, but the fun comes from priming the modes and multiballs and stacking them together, which of course is easier said than done. Its more of a 'high score' than an 'experience' game, if that makes sense.

I brought a CSI as my 2nd pin, if Garry doesn't mind me posting on his sale thread I will chime in with my thoughts.....

In short, I think its a great first machine, I have had mine nearly three years and three months ago set it up at work where it gets a load of plays, so far have had one wire came off (probably down to my bad soldering when I replaced a switch) and a screw that worked lose and found its way into the skull jamming a ball in there. For a 15 year old game, its been remarkably solid.
It's also quite an easy pin to work on, it doesn't need a load of stuff removed for access on the top and on the underside the larger light boards can be removed easily for access.

If you have read any of the Pinside reviews, many people criticise it for 'shallow rules' this is both true and untrue at the same time, Compared to some of Sterns other titles from this era (Simpsons and LOTR) I can see where they are coming from but compared to games in a similar price point, not so much.
its definitely possible to see most of what the game has to offer in a single game, but the fun comes from priming the modes and multiballs and stacking them together, which of course is easier said than done. Its more of a 'high score' than an 'experience' game, if that makes sense.
Great bit of insight, thanks! After messaging with Garry, looks like I'm 2nd in line for this one. So fingers crossed 🤞🏻

Back
Top Bottom