What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Looking for my first Pinball ~ 90s Bally/Williams/Data East

machopixel

Site Supporter
Hello,

Finally taking a step towards getting my first machine, budget is up to 4k although would prefer to find the perfect match at 2.5k or less.

Looking for tables like The Getaway, White Water, Baywatch, Jurassic Park, Judge Dredd. Ideally one in good condition so I can play from day one without issues.

If you are looking to sell a pinball and price is under my budget please drop a reply or a private message, the list above is just an example.

Thanks!

Update: Got a The Simpsons Pinball Party

Last edited:
Just be careful with people’s DM’s and offering ‘cheap’ machines within the budget. I would use the ‘What is it worth’ post to get an idea on prices.

A lot of people (especially those new to the hobby) overpaid during the spike a couple of years back and will be trying to get their money back, but at inflated prices.

Just my 10 cents!

Just be careful with people’s DM’s and offering ‘cheap’ machines within the budget. I would use the ‘What is it worth’ post to get an idea on prices.

A lot of people (especially those new to the hobby) overpaid during the spike a couple of years back and will be trying to get their money back, but at inflated prices.

Just my 10 cents!

Thanks @JAG555, I did that on Saturday. Also people seem to be super helpful in here so if someone comes offering a TNMT DE for 3k, I'm almost certain someone will tell me that is overpriced. You guys got a great community here. ❤️

Also people seem to be super helpful in here so if someone comes offering a TNMT DE for 3k, I'm almost certain someone will tell me that is overpriced. You guys got a great community here. ❤️

People keep getting told off for saying machines are overpriced. Apparently they can rip.......sorry..... sell it at any price they like

Thats fine, doesn't mean its the right thing to do, but ok
No wonder so many overpay for thier first machine

Hello,

Finally taking a step towards getting my first machine, budget is up to 4k although would prefer to find the perfect match at 2.5k or less.

Looking for tables like The Getaway, White Water, Baywatch, Jurassic Park, Judge Dredd. Ideally one in good condition so I can play from day one without issues.

If you are looking to sell a pinball and price is under my budget please drop a reply or a private message, the list above is just an example.

Thanks!
It's unlikely your get a working well maintained one on that list for £2.5k except for possibly jp, although I haven't seen on for sale for ages.

Players condition games, Gateway £3 to 3.5, whitewater £4.5k +, Baywatch £4k ISH, judge dread £3k to £3.5k mabe a little more or less. Judge dread is a wide body so bigger and heavier than the others. Great ones will probably be more. A minty whitewater with topper £5k +

Good luck

Thanks @JAG555, I did that on Saturday. Also people seem to be super helpful in here so if someone comes offering a TNMT DE for 3k, I'm almost certain someone will tell me that is overpriced. You guys got a great community here. ❤️
Well personally tmt is crap, I wouldn't pay more than £500 for it. People love the theme, bit like the data east back to the future they can go for stupid money because people love the theme without releasing it's a 5 💩 game, with back to the future being worse than rubbish and should be paid for taking 🤣. In the old days you could get them cheap so it didn't really matter

My STTNG will be up for sale at Pinfest - there it will get solidly play tested for 3 days and you can get dozens of experienced pinheads to check it out for you :D PM sent.
A great game and if it survives pinfest get it. STTNG can be a problem if they haven't been maintained or restored. It's highly unlikely fubar one falls into the 💩 category

Try a lethal weapon 3, it's simple but fun and they normally go for less than your £2.5k or close to i
Are you liking the avengers? Wasn’t on my radar till a few days ago and now I see you have one.
Thought you were quite keen on turtles.

AL

Are you liking the avengers? Wasn’t on my radar till a few days ago and now I see you have one.

AL
Yes it's fantastic, I think the pro is better than the premium, it's faster and isn't interrupted by the stupid portal that keeps popping up that eats the ball to pop out a ramp. Yes it doesn't have one great ramp shot but the portal cancels this out. It's a difficult game, you have to be precise. People moan that it's too complicated however when you understand it, it's not particularly complex. Basically shoot the portal, shoot the ramp to start a battle, pick an infinity stone, shot the ramps that are lit (battle the baddie), once all collected, shoot the ramp to get the stone, then shoot a character shot for them to hold. The drop target matrix is pretty much tic tak toe, it's pretty clever. The game has a lot of similarities with dead pool. I wouldn't have both or bother with the other if I owned avengers or Deadpool previously. Didn't realise your in Belfast your welcome to come and have a go.

AL
Don't like turtles, the little if played it, maybe 30 minutes in London. Might grow in a home environment as played it in a very noisy arcade. (Was referring to the stern one 🤭)

You meant the data east one, that absolutely 💩

Last edited:
Pinball is opinion one man's pinball pleasure is anothers pain, I absolutely hate Elvira house of horrors but loads of people love it.

As others have said, I would strongly recommend playing a machine first before buying, pinfest is soon, and they always have machines for sale. Unless of course you played it when it came out.

It's unlikely your get a working well maintained one on that list for £2.5k except for possibly jp, although I haven't seen on for sale for ages.

Players condition games, Gateway £3 to 3.5, whitewater £4.5k +, Baywatch £4k ISH, judge dread £3k to £3.5k mabe a little more or less. Judge dread is a wide body so bigger and heavier than the others. Great ones will probably be more. A minty whitewater with topper £5k +

Good luck
These suggested values are too high for current market.

Baywatch has never been a £4k machine in players condition. Last one sold was asking £3k on here. One was asking £4k but didnt sell and was withdrawn. A JD was snapped up for £2.5k a few months back but another struggled to sell for months maybe didnt sell asking £3.5k around the same time. There was a getaway for sale in December that was reduced down to asking price £2,150 and struggled to sell.

These suggested values are too high for current market.

Baywatch has never been a £4k machine in players condition. Last one sold was asking £3k on here. One was asking £4k but didnt sell and was withdrawn. A JD was snapped up for £2.5k a few months back but another struggled to sell for months maybe didnt sell asking £3.5k around the same time. There was a getaway for sale in December that was reduced down to asking price £2,150 and struggled to sell.
Thanks, good to know

Hopefully it works out and you can get someone to ship it over for you. You’ll probably want a colour screen for it so drop me a message if you get it and i’ll share the details of where to buy it etc.

Thanks to everyone who replied, I have agreed to buy The Simpsons Pinball Party for 4.4k, slightly over budget but I loved the table when I played it at @Jason Catrine ’s and the price seems like a good deal. I will update the thread if the sale falls through.

Good price for a TSPP if it's not wrecked. Great first pin and worth stretching the budget for!

Excellent choice - Simpson's Pinball Party is a great pin, with a deep rule set. Should keep you coming back for more, for a long time if you do go for it!

Back
Top Bottom