What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long time no see

Someone needs to tell me the Daventry dates then I have have a proper chat to all of the old crew I used to know. Please? Does it clash with my my holiday (11/8 to 1/9)

Yep, was looking at it today in my ex wife’s garage while looking at my old stuff (the Tiki Hut)

Attachments

• IMG_1684.jpeg
    IMG_1684.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 52
Hi all, some may remember me as I used to hang around this place like a bad smell. Got extremely obsessed over about 7 years, ended up having over 100 machines pass through my hands and with a collection of 25 that I gradually sold off often my divorce as times were financially tricky.

Anyway now I’m thinking of emerging from under my rock. Saw a few of you at my housewarming party in Ealing a month ago and was gonna make an appearance at Swavesey but at the last minute I got a local party invite and my nephew wanted to come stay the weekend. So when is the next one? I still have 2 machines and a box load of crap I’d like to sell for beer money.

Wait .......can this be true :D ?? Is it happening ?

MIA since 2017 ....He's back !!!

Oh god, who let him back in.......???????

Will recap on what you have missed.......

Everything now is three times as expensive.

Everyone asks when you sell a pin 'how many plays has it got' - ignoring the actual photos of the playfield.

People want a 30 year old pin to be 'near mint'.

Plasma DMDs are like owning a betamax VCR (or any VCR).

To get a good argument started ask:
'whats best - pin2dmd or colordmd? '
'How much is this table worth?'
'why are homepin games so utterly rubbish' and then see how long it takes the owner of the company to come on and tear you a new backside.

Some idiots have been replaced with others - and some of us are still here.

A few machines you should consider are Venom, Munsters, Bond 60th, Rush, John Wick, Led Zeppelin, Thunderbirds, Spinal Tap.

Oh and a rubbish topper now made out of £40 worth of LEDs and plastic will cost you £1k-£2K.

some good tips there (but i don't need help on getting a good argument started, that's my after-midnight speciality). especially after a few Leffes.

remind me what is the difference between plasma DMD, pin2DMD, colour DMD, and those ****ty LCD TV screens? towards the end of my collecting days I started following the herd and converting some of my old standard DMD games (red/orange dots on black) with colour ones, but i never felt good about it and think i still prefer the red ones. i still have my DMD clock in my living room and still watch it all the time and it gets compliments. was it ever updated, or it that all obsolete now? i think if i start collecting again i'll be putting the older red DMDs in (assuming they haven't all gassed out). i hated the TV ones with basically a full TV screen, found them way too distracting but i suppose that is now the norm?

i never heard of any of those games you mentioned except vaguely when Spinal Tap was still in production - is it as good as expected? did they make a Muppets game yet? how about The Bible and Life of JC (aim to lock three nails and then spend three days dead in dark screen like Defender when the swarm came after you; then try to behead Herod, cut Judas' ******** off, shag Mary but-not-really-oh-no-siree-because-she-was-a-virgin-you-see-so-only-spaff-on-her-tits or similar; cuckold Joseph, and go for Sermon On The Mount Multiball Wizard mode) [TM]

also another problem i'm having is i remember lots of faces and names but hardly any of your forum names. so i recognise some easy ones like Replicas is Dazza and Moose is Gary and Calimori is Geoff and mufc and Grizz etc, but loads of you i have no idea, sorry. 🤷‍♂️ there are more or course, i remember splooter and snotty and moonraker and obviously the easy ones who use their actual name :tut: but loads of missing ones. Kevlar - is that you the baldy one with girlfriend Lorraine, or are you Kevin with the son who does motocross? is there a rogues gallery with actual faces on? what about blokey who goes by a fake name as he's in the SAS or something? and all the NLP crew? is Stan still about?

finally, how strict are the rules - is this allowed or not?

Attachments

• NLP Manchester 2014 pictures (5).JPG
    NLP Manchester 2014 pictures (5).JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 68
  • my AFM costume (2).JPG
    my AFM costume (2).JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 67
Yes I'm the baldy one with Lorraine. We chatted at lot at Ian's place in Devon when you had your son with you.
Yay!!!! hey up dude all good i hope?
i remember when i first encountered you, you had a thread going called something like 'i just accidentally bought 5 machines', and you kept changing the title as the number went up. remember that?

gif pinball Street Fighter II  getting pushed off a roof by TNT.gif

Yay!!!! hey up dude all good i hope?
i remember when i first encountered you, you had a thread going called something like 'i just accidentally bought 5 machines', and you kept changing the title as the number went up. remember that?

View attachment 255888
Yeah I remember that....vaguely. That was on the ( now defunct ) pinball arcade forum, which was my introduction into pinball. I think it was actually you that told me to get onto the real forum ( here obviously) when we were playing together at Robot Greg's previous house 👍.

Yeah I remember that....vaguely. That was on the ( now defunct ) pinball arcade forum, which was my introduction into pinball. I think it was actually you that told me to get onto the real forum ( here obviously) when we were playing together at Robot Greg's previous house 👍.
ah yes. before this forum there was an utterly **** email based thing i remember now. and i remember the meet at Robot Greg's place, i think i came about 28th out of 32

NLP crew are still around. We got the Hall of Fame kiss of death couple of years ago, but we might make another comeback (possibly).

Oh and there's two UK Hall of Fame things now but no one wants to talk about it because we love Gary, but we also love Martin and they just need their heads banging together.

Good to see you again Dan

Wizcat. Not Wizardshat

NLP crew are still around. We got the Hall of Fame kiss of death couple of years ago, but we might make another comeback (possibly).

Oh and there's two UK Hall of Fame things now but no one wants to talk about it because we love Gary, but we also love Martin and they just need their heads banging together.

Good to see you again Dan

Wizcat. Not Wizardshat
Gary….. older bloke with crazy jacket? Used to be UK champion? And Martin Ayub I assume. Is there a battle for control? I also heard there was a battle for control with someone trying to take over the SE League from Dawn, and the same person deliberately staging events that clashed with established events ….. AND the same person taking over Matt V’s London club (the one that had to change name because of some legal threats)…..

Ah, the politics. I remember the politics.

So who am I talking to, Wizcat? If you’re in the NLP crew you must be either the guy from Burnley or the tall smiley one or the larger framed one? I know you’re not Kate and you’re not Poibug.

What about the headmaster with the silky smooth chocolatey voice, is he still around? He was great fun, me and ronsplooter have an evening of loser-drinks-shots that got messy!

Found this old photo . Seems a long time ago but this was prob last Show or meet I was part of / attended and might have been your last one ? Expo/NLP Manchester 2016 ….They were always great fun :cool:
I’ve got a Popeye shirt on - that’s how long ago it was . You have a darts player shirt ??
That might of been set up or late night judging by lack of people there.
Not sure what the excitement was - me putting an epic score up or just … Princess Leia 😍

365FAF03-A736-4CEB-8513-25403DA60766.jpeg

Last edited:
Found this old photo . Seems a long time ago but this was prob last Show or meet I was part of / attended and might have been your last one ? Expo/NLP Manchester 2017 ….They were always great fun :cool:
I’ve got a Popeye shirt on - that’s how long ago it was . You have a darts player shirt ??
That might of been set up or late night judging by lack of people there.
Not sure what the excitement was - me putting an epic score up or just … Princess Leia 😍

View attachment 255889
we faked our expressions for a good pic. i'm wearing a Jockey Wilson shirt.
the thing we faked was when we made about 200 people form a really long line pretending they all wanted a go on Popeye, remember that? I think i have a video of it somewhere.
yep that was a fun show, lots of folk walking round dressed as Walking Dead etc, and a corner full of ubernerds playing Magic The Gathering so we felt like the cool kids. we had the place to ourselves in the evening IIRC and Matt V or someone bought a 2 foor high stack of pizzas.
fun times

Ey up Alan, you still riding that dangerous old bike about like Wallace?

Arthritic wrists demanded I stop. Used the cash from the bike and reg number to help fund a pinshack.
Presume your ex pi55ed off with the bairn but did you manage to hang on to that weird dog?

F*ck me! He's back 😱 good to hear from you mate 👍 Mr Potter moved to France so not really around much anymore. That night at Rumours nightclub was messy 🤣

Back
Top Bottom