What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Khaaaaannnn!!!

SilkySox

Site Supporter
5Years
I was getting an intermittent problem on Star Trek pro, occasionally the Vengeance drop target would register hits when it shouldn’t, even before plunging the ball. And often direct hits wouldn’t drop the target.
Saw that a potential fix for this was small washers on the nuts holding the drop target shelf. Seemed simple. Was simple. Worked nicely with manual pushing.

Reassembled, powered on - buzzing sound, getting louder, quick! Power off!
Mmmm, burnt plastic smell. Noice.

So now, only the lights work. No DMD. No sound. Couple of little clicks on start up. The red LEDS on F12 and F13 aren’t on, though fuses look fine.
Wish I knew where that smell came from.

Anyway, I’m rubbish at this. Can you tell? Keen to learn though. I guess the high voltage circuit is fried somewhere but can anyone point me in the likely right direction please?
Obviously I need to work out what caused it in the first place too.

Bah, I’m off to play some Foo Fighters.

If this was me I would revert everything back . Pull out fuses and check and check gap on the switch , not just the tip but the whole length all so where the wires are soldered on , they may be touching .

Thanks chaps. Despite appearances, multimeter tells me F12 and F13 are blown so will have another go at the drop target, check the connections, replace fuses and try again.
Found a slightly thicker drop target ledge on thingyverse, which hopefully does away with the need for washers.👍

Back
Top Bottom