What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gameplay forum?

VeeMonroe

Registered
Any chance of having a 'Gameplay' forum?

I noticed that @Wayne J's just posted a tournament strategy thread in the 'Tips and Tricks forum' and there's also a discussion on the same topic going on in @Taxiturn's diary, currently. 'Tips and Tricks' is largely a repair forum, and it feels there isn't really anywhere on the site to discuss strategies, tactics, etc.

The JJP Avatar thread got derailed, as well, by people sharing tournament advice for Stern Avatar.

It would be nice to parcel out discussions like note taking apps, UK and international tournament discussion, how to get to Stern Insider Connected review statistics, etc. into their own place because they're currently clogging up other threads, or repeatedly holing below the waterline making them hard to find.

Also, I could pin the Abe Flips YouTube videos and the Tilt Forum rule sheets link, so n00bs didn't need to ask :)

I know the UK Open comes but once a year, but there are quite a lot of events happening regularly across the UK now, and it would be nice to have a dedicated place to chat online with people who aren't necessarily in your regional league. I think Deleted User 404 might be trying to do that too but, when I went there to look, it was pretty empty.

Last edited:
I am not saying we can't but most people seem to use "What's new" to generate a reading list and don't check which section it is posted in. So a new section might not focus the responses.
I do that… but, at least, it means that people who are interested in this sort of content could check the specific forum occasionally - as I do with Machines For Sale/Trade :)

It’s just very hard to find things again once they’ve gone beyond Page 2. There have been a couple of occasions where I’ve been busy and missed some Thursday night league results, or some of @Jackpot’s excellent sports commentary (although that’s mostly on FB), and - unless I remember to ‘watch’ the thread when I first spot it - the search function isn’t super great at re-finding it.

Also, pinned play tips and resources might be quite useful for newcomers 🤷‍♂️

It might be unnecessary, but it was worth a suggest :)

Last edited:
Also, pinned play tips and resources might be quite useful for newcomers
There are lots of websites giving tips for specific games. Tilt Forums and PinTips probably being the best of them, not sure it's worth duplicating that kind of thing here.

There are lots of websites giving tips for specific games. Tilt Forums and PinTips probably being the best of them, not sure it's worth duplicating that kind of thing here.
i just meant having a pinned thread with links to all the useful websites, such as Tilt Forums and PinTips.

The number of times when I've seen someone post 'how do I find rules for...' or gets told to watch Abe Flips is actually pretty high.

Well, if you're going to laugh :p:cool:🤣

Would you mind stickying @Wayne J's thread about Card Ticket Formats too? That's also going to be hopefully pretty evergreen.

Back
Top Bottom