What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Upgrade #2

Not sure if intentional, but my “What’s New” button that looks like a document at the top used to show the number of unread posts on the forum. It no longer does this. Just letting you know in case you weren’t aware!
Yup - fully aware of that one. That was one of the developers i have hassled and hassled - it'll be back, along with "original poster" - just not sure if the same dev or a different one.

In Pref, I have lost the ability to choose "Dark" Mode it tells me ity is Dark but its not.

Correction button at top right works.
Rats! Thanks for the heads up - I'll let the theme dev know... :)
I'm not actually sure why "system" appears there, since there is no "system" profile. Would make more sense to get rid.. I kind of understand it (Lock on Dark, Lock on Light, or default to system preferences...

Something to me just seems off since the upgrade, on the whats new page does it look different? didnt there use to be some separation between the threads instead of just a solid background?
Yup - The text is a slightly different size... a little big all round. I'll have a jiggle with it later. Along with the separation (which i was also aware wasnt quite right :) )

Hi Paul

Before the upgrade, this section used to be in the header when I followed a thread link, so it was wasy to read a thread, then get back to the New posts page. Any chance it could do that again? No worries if not (it didn't happen on my phone & I coped - suspect it was a glitch that's now been 'fixed')

1723568377617.webp

Regards, Stewart

Great work Paul, sorry for the lack of faith (borne from years of having to recover people’s “ah, I’m sure it’ll be fine” issues)

Just like an IOS update. Users complain then adjust
I’m loving the blue tinge - But where’s my spanish flag gone ?

Well its not like when Facebook updates - and you have everyone say 'I liked it the way it was.....' - then they get used to it and the same people moan on the next update.

Anyway - just having a little bit of fun.

Well done @Paul - grateful for all the work you do.

Hi Paul

Before the upgrade, this section used to be in the header when I followed a thread link, so it was wasy to read a thread, then get back to the New posts page. Any chance it could do that again? No worries if not (it didn't happen on my phone & I coped - suspect it was a glitch that's now been 'fixed')

View attachment 258593

Regards, Stewart
Just spotted this to go to the top, which makes it OK - may have been there before & I just never saw it.

1723586135171.webp

Hi Paul

View attachment 258593

Regards, Stewart
Strange Stewart - can see it on mine???

1723592240417.webp

Strange Stewart - can see it on mine???

View attachment 258651
Oh, it's still visible, but my normal reading practice was hit New posts, read the top unread, then whilst reading the post, I could click New posts again, without scrolling back to the top - it was still on the screen. Now I have to scroll to the top to see it, which can be a lot of scrolling if the post is near the bottom of a long page - having the arrow I later found at the bottom right eliminates the scrolling, so it's all good.

Pretty smooth upgrade, thanks Paul.

Reactions: JT.
On mine (Edge), the new posts is always under the logo, so you always have to scroll back to the top to see it. It was like this before the upgrade though.

I also don't get the 'fluid width' setting on Edge, but do on Firefox.

Minor issue, but i guess its useful to know..

On my phone (iphone) i am getting conversation timestamps in the future lol

Now i'm pretty sure a time machine wasn't part of the upgrade?? haha

View attachment 258729
Usually a Cache issue...

"If the timestamp is in the future by less than 60 seconds, you'll see "In a moment". If the timestamp is in the past by less than 60 seconds (or is the current timestamp), or if it's within the next 2 seconds, you'll see "A moment ago"."
Also worth checking the current time on your device?

Apparently clearing your cache works... :D

Oh, it's still visible, but my normal reading practice was hit New posts, read the top unread, then whilst reading the post, I could click New posts again, without scrolling back to the top - it was still on the screen. Now I have to scroll to the top to see it, which can be a lot of scrolling if the post is near the bottom of a long page - having the arrow I later found at the bottom right eliminates the scrolling, so it's all good.
Strange. So mine (Chrome) is under the logo, however when i scroll it jumps to above the logo... I'll have a tweak this end and see if I can make any difference :D

Not sure if intentional, but my “What’s New” button that looks like a document at the top used to show the number of unread posts on the forum. It no longer does this. Just letting you know in case you weren’t aware!
Been advise an update will be about a week, and then it'll be back!!

Also, the New posts button doesnt bring up all the new posts, the 'new members say hello here' thread for instance doesnt show up (i got an email when Natahaniel posted, went online and clicked new posts, didnt appear)

possibly others ?

Not sure if anyone has mentioned but alerts briefly show then it's clear on the icon.

Any better way to highlight unread/read in the Alerts button in dark mode? Hard for me to see if I have clicked an alert or not.

Cheers Paul!

Has something happened to the image quality on uploads? Seem to be mega compressed and low quality after upload now

Back
Top Bottom