What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Fishy, Fishy, Fishy! - 3 x Fish Tales Restorations

So good man. Fishtales is amazing in chrome.

Fish tales does look great in chrome mine has been done but not the apron might have to look into this if it ends up a keeper.

Yeah I agree chrome on FT looks great. When I eventually retire mine, I’ll do the same.
For me me it’s the apron that really makes the difference.

Though I think a close second is definitely a nice black, which Fishy No 3 has. Black armour really helps to frame the bright and colourful artwork.

These Fish Tales are basically all done. I’ve just got a couple of little jobs to finish on Fishy No1 and 2, then its onto the next games.
IMG_0967.webp
I made 3 new sets of ribbon cables and got everything plugged back in and tidied up.
A183F201-379C-402A-A861-9F28912EED22.webp
3 CPR mirror back glasses went in next and imo on a FT, they make a big difference. 2 XL screens from @stumblor wete installed in Fishy No1 and 2 with standard colour dmd going in Fishy No3.
Then a quick switch on to check everything still works 😂
11125A8C-0C7A-41E5-BE0D-79A69FE95CA0.webpA8B8AB6C-39B4-491C-9FDE-43EA5C2F9543.webp
IMG_1111.webpIMG_1112.webpIMG_1114.webpIMG_1118.webpIMG_1119.webpIMG_1120.webp
IMG_1917.webpIMG_1918.webpIMG_1920.webp
As with my other restores, for some reason, I always like add warranty labels last 😂
Then a did a quick final check on the wiring.
IMG_1122.webpIMG_1123.webpIMG_1124.webpIMG_1126.webp
IMG_1128.webpIMG_1129.webpIMG_1130.webp
IMG_1801.webpIMG_1804.webp
62D2FDF3-767E-4E6A-AC79-EE6862AA587C.webp
4B7925AD-1FC9-4FF3-BC8D-A526226044DF.webp
IMG_1206.webp

Fishy No3 is the first game on its legs, so it’s the first one fully complete 😁. Though I’ll probably leave the film on the mirror blades until just before they go. The other 2 just need their legs to be installed.

All 3 Fish Tales had their cabinets fully restored but Fishy No3 is the game with its original playfield which I stripped, cleaned and polished within an inch of its life 😂. and imo came out better than I expected.

As I mentioned before, I really like how the gloss black armour frames the artwork on the cabinet and back box. It makes the colours really stand out.
IMG_1913.webpIMG_1912.webpIMG_1911.webpIMG_1933.webpIMG_1935.webpIMG_1936.webpIMG_1939.webpIMG_1938.webpIMG_1942.webpIMG_1941.webp

Gloss black is nice ant, also where did you get the wooden inserts for the casting handle,I got one's years ago for the shadow I had and I think it was Manny who did them.

Outstanding 👏
Gloss black looks great on a few titles especially AFM imo. Never envisioned it on FT but it really works well 👍

Gloss black is nice ant, also where did you get the wooden inserts for the casting handle,I got one's years ago for the shadow I had and I think it was Manny who did them.
I got them from a guy off pinside. He is based in France and offers different wood finishes. They are really good quality as well.

Outstanding 👏
Gloss black looks great on a few titles especially AFM imo. Never envisioned it on FT but it really works well 👍
Yeah I agree. I would never have thought about doing black on a FT, but the more research I did on colour choices for the armour, the more I started to come round to the idea of going with a gloss black.

I’m marking these 3 Fish Tales restore as complete 🙂

The last job was to install the newly chromed legs on Fishy No1 and 2.

For me personally, I really like the chrome look in a FT and when I eventually get round to restoring my game, I’m leaning on going down the same route.

Frustratingly I forgot to take some photos of all 3 complete and on there legs before 2 of them got collected 🙄. Though @Gonzo managed to get some footage of them in a mini line up.

Overall though I’m really pleased with how all 3 turned out and I hope the owners enjoy playing them as much as I enjoyed restoring them.

And after play testing them, it’s reminded me of how much of a fun game Fish Tales is 👍🏻

IMG_1528.webpIMG_1529.webpIMG_4731.webpIMG_4730.webpIMG_4729.webpIMG_4732.webpIMG_4733.webpIMG_4734.webpIMG_4735.webpIMG_4736.webpIMG_4738.webpIMG_4737.webp
IMG_4728.webp
IMG_4987.webp
IMG_1123.webpIMG_9332.webp

Would like to just add a massive thanks to Ant for his unbelievable work on my fish tales.

My FT was fishy 1.

I originally purchased this off a forum member with no intention of restoring etc. but when I got it home and lined it up against my newer pins it really stood out and became clear to me it wasn’t in the sort of condition that I’m happy to live with.

I had seen ants work on here in shop logs and also met him at Pinfest when I discussed doing something in the future. So was a no brainer to reach out to him and it just turned out he was doing 2 others so mine slotted in perfect.

Ants great to work with during the process and always kept me up to date with progress.

It Hasn’t gone into my pin room as i really liked it in our kitchen/diner room. Not that the Mrs agrees 🫣

IMG_3579.webp
BB8E0FFA-7BE3-48C7-AB5D-BB2D16BD60A0.webp
EEFC8FA3-54B5-4455-94FD-7B4D95834C8F.webp

I originally purchased this off a forum member with no intention of restoring etc. but when I got it home and lined it up against my newer pins it really stood out and became clear to me it wasn’t in the sort of condition that I’m happy to live with.

I know exactly what you mean. Ant's work is premium premium - I wouldn't go to anyone else. The ultimate confidence of getting ann amazing service.

Back
Top Bottom