What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Dreamcast console

I used to love playing Kick Off on the Amiga, pretty sure I liked the Competition Pro joystick back then.
Got an Atari Jaguar somewhere, one of my kids had a display of all my old consoles. Better check😂
You could put some serious bend on the ball with that game when shooting at the goal, it was great fun

I did the same - got the Japanese console shortly after launch to play Sonic Adventure and Sega Rally 2. I remember calling CEX day after day to ask if their shipments had landed when Crazy Taxi and Soul Calibur came out. I also bought the Japanese version of Shenmue which was really pointless given I don’t speak Japanese either. Had to play through it just following instructions from a guide from GameFAQs!

I very clearly remember the day the Utopia boot disc and the first few game rips came out. Couldn’t believe it.

That’s a strange way to spell Jet Set Radio
I remember back when I was at college and working at Safeway (youngsters will ofcourse know it as Morrosons now!), a guy I worked with bought a jon Dreamcast with soul calibre and sega rally 2.
He lent it to me for a weekend and I was blown away; Sega rally two really felt at the time (despite it's slight shortcomings compared to the arcade) like having the arcade at home (same feeling when getting a playstation and ridge racer; I remember physically shaking with excitement when first switching that on he he)
At one point despite not owning the console, I swapped my JPN Ridge racer box set for soul calibur (or I did I buy would calibur sespite not having a DC and swap it for RR type 4..that'd make a bit more sense)
A few years went by and I kind of lost a bit of interest in gaming (back when I was playing guitar in a band full time and we were trying fruitlessly to get signed), but then following that period I bought a pal DC brand new from rumbelows (spelling?) Dirt cheap when they were being sold off cheap. Bought loads of games like M vs Capcom/1+2, crazy taxi 1+2, street fight alpha 3/SF3 etc.
I also remember buying loads of backups from various places (which I still have somewhere) and later buying a couple of arcade sticks and some rare jpn titles (vampire saviors chronicle, capcom vs snk pro etc)
Sold all the games (and sterring wheel:-() a a while back when I needed the money, but annoyingly I still have the discs for the PAL versions of Marvel vs Capcom and Street fighter Alpha 3, but do know where the cases/manuals are:-(
Still have my original boxed DC though and I think, like 2 or 3 official arcade sticks:-)
Great system!

Great choice, the DC is the last oh the best consoles in my opinion, like arcade games in the house.

Of the top my head the favs are,

Rez
Shenmue
Jet Set Radio
Power Stone
F355
Daytona
Sega Rally
House of the Dead II
Ikaruga
Tony Hawks 2
etc etc etc

I had a Pal one at launch but quickly swapped over to the Japanese import hardware and games, I even had the Hello Kitty pink model 😂 Great time popping into CA Games Glasgow to pick up some new import titles, I remember paying £150 for Samba De Amigo :)

On the Uk pal model I remember having a time trial battle with my mate on Sega Rally and posting the times online on the DC server, use to run a phone cable from my bedroom down the stairs to the phone line.

Great choice, the DC is the last oh the best consoles in my opinion, like arcade games in the house.

Rez
Shenmue
Jet Set Radio
Power Stone
F355
Daytona
Sega Rally
House of the Dead II
Ikaruga
Tony Hawks 2
etc etc etc

I had a Pal one at launch but quickly swapped over to the Japanese import hardware and games, I even had the Hello Kitty pink model 😂 Great time popping into CA Games Glasgow to pick up some new import titles, I remember paying £150 for Samba De Amigo :)

On the Uk pal model I remember having a time trial battle with my mate on Sega Rally and posting the times online on the DC server, use to run a phone cable from my bedroom down the stairs to the phone line.

Completely forgot about Ikaruga!

Rez
Shenmue
Jet Set Radio
Power Stone
F355
Daytona
Sega Rally
House of the Dead II
Ikaruga
Tony Hawks 2
etc etc etc

Ah yeah, REZ 👍🏻 - still play the ps4 version from time to time; like Afterburner crossed with Panzer dragoon and lawnmower man.
I remember for the ps2 ver. there was the vibration cushion thing, which no doubt found some unconventional uses...:-)
Ikaruga- awesome! I must own that digitally on about 3 systems and still have jpn ver. for the GC:-) - have never been great at it mind..

I still have my Samba De Amigo all boxed still i pre ordered 2 of them as i knew they would be hard to get hold of and it paid off as i sold 1 of them for more than twice the price so basically i got mine for free and some pocket money :thumbs:

Rez
Shenmue
Jet Set Radio
Power Stone
F355
Daytona
Sega Rally
House of the Dead II
Ikaruga
Tony Hawks 2
etc etc etc

It was definitely one of the best consoles of its day but i think it's just that people were getting used to them by then so knew what they were going to get as we went along. I absolutely love my PS5 and i get to play a lot more now that i have the playstation portal for it as i can sit in bed now and play spiderman and the horizon forbidden west that i am really enjoying

Back
Top Bottom