What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dr who lightning strikes twice !

carl lawrence

Site Supporter
10 Years
Was giving my dr who a bit of a shake down after I repair the expander board and notice every time the ball goes around the right ramp the up kicker would work . I go into switch edge test and any switches that’s in that column would trigger off the 3 optos . Lucky I was able to take a board from revenge from mars ,which uses the same board to see if it was a board fault . Hurray no double or triple activations ,just good old single switch activation . Let’s have a closer look at the opto board as I see a cap on itIMG_1894.jpeg
I just don’t believe it !!

When i spotted what looks like a water bubble I just couldn’t believe it .
I have ordered a new one but want to repair this one .
Just looking at pinwick now it looks like i need to replace the lm 339s

Just a little update on this I fitted the new opto board and the ground fault was still there which completely confused me as I was 100% sure it was that .so I ran with the conclusion to replaced J206 connector completely which is the column connector . and Bingo that was the answer a bad connection all this time !

Back
Top Bottom