What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Budget Vpin

Benner

Site Supporter
Hi all,

I’m not very hopeful, but if anyone is willing to part with a sub £1k Vpin I would very much be interested!

Not expecting anything fancy, just something functional to get me started on my journey. Hoping someone has an old project kicking about that they don’t want taking up the space.

Located in the SE.

Many thanks!

Ben

You can not expand the atgames to allow you to play any of the popular games without adding a fairly good PC.
I would not go down that route. Do not believe youtube reviews. Most people these days get paid for them or gifted free machines.
I have an original ultrapin recently that I am thinking of selling but it is not in your budget.
This one I have not upgraded (I have probably done over 10 already with great results).
I was selling a vpin on here a few weeks ago - it went to ebay and went for peanuts!!!!!!

You can not expand the atgames to allow you to play any of the popular games without adding a fairly good PC.
I would not go down that route. Do not believe youtube reviews. Most people these days get paid for them or gifted free machines.
I have an original ultrapin recently that I am thinking of selling but it is not in your budget.
This one I have not upgraded (I have probably done over 10 already with great results).
I was selling a vpin on here a few weeks ago - it went to ebay and went for peanuts!!!!!!
Thanks for the insight @Pick Holder. Your name was a common source of advice when I was reviewing the vpin section, so value your input will try and source something else to the Atgames 👍. Seems I am a few weeks too late for that one!

Good luck - get one already built and expand it and update it.

All depends on specs etc.

I would recommend a GeForce 1050TI 4gb graphic card for 1080p

An i3 or i5 3.5ghz processor or above and 8gb of DDR 4 ram. If its DDR 3 you will need 12-16gb.

Clone the hard drive if it is not an SSD. Then the original drive is always around in case you get into trouble with the files.

There are ebay people that sell USB drives full of content. I will be honest, get one if you can. You can download anything for free of course but it will take you ages. People in the community will snub that advice but it depends how much spare time you have.

To be honest I was thinking about buying this and sharing it FOC to people who want a copy.....

Good luck - get one already built and expand it and update it.

All depends on specs etc.

I would recommend a GeForce 1050TI 4gb graphic card for 1080p

An i3 or i5 3.5ghz processor or above and 8gb of DDR 4 ram. If its DDR 3 you will need 12-16gb.

Clone the hard drive if it is not an SSD. Then the original drive is always around in case you get into trouble with the files.

There are ebay people that sell USB drives full of content. I will be honest, get one if you can. You can download anything for free of course but it will take you ages. People in the community will snub that advice but it depends how much spare time you have.

To be honest I was thinking about buying this and sharing it FOC to people who want a copy.....

Thanks once again. More than happy to tinker, so hoping to do just that and snag an oldie then throw some money at it a bit further down the line.

Although I get all can be sourced for free with some time investment, time has a price - so certainly see the appeal of such a shortcut. I would certainly be up for that if it gave me a working table with such ease.

Well more than happy to go halves for a shared link @Benner

It will take days to download that. A lot of stuff on sites you can only download one file at a time and 'x' amount of downloads a day.

There you go
5% discount code on listing.
£10 from @Paul
Me and you split the rest...

Screenshot 2024-09-03 at 01.16.00.webp

The graphic card in this I ordered for a build years ago. It did not do 4K and this is a 4k set up. It barely ran at 1080 - just to let the OP know before he spends his £

The graphic card in this I ordered for a build years ago. It did not do 4K and this is a 4k set up. It barely ran at 1080 - just to let the OP know before he spends his £
Hi, that is my vp, where do I go to see what the resolution is, I do not mean to decieve any one.
I have had a few people telling me that my listing is misleading.
What do you value the vp at, and what can I describe it as.
It works very good from what I can tell, but I am no expert, I have taken it as far as I can with what little knowledge I have of these set ups.

Hi, that is my vp, where do I go to see what the resolution is, I do not mean to decieve any one.
It works very good from what I can tell, but I am no expert, I have taken it as far as I can with what little knowledge I have of these set ups.
Hi did you build this yourself and also set up VPX on it? if so did you not go into the settings and set the resolution for it among all the other settings. you can also check the resolution via the nvidia panel in windows.
if all the tables are running fine on it then most likely its already just running at 1080p if you were running at 4k you would certainly know it!

Also to add if you want the B2S backglass to show on the screen you need to make sure it is named exactly the same as the pinball rom.exe

Thanks for the reply, yes, I did build it myself, I set the 4k monitor as 3840 x 2160, which I assumed it would run as 4k.
I was surprised when the other member said my graphics card would not run at 4k.

Also to add if you want the B2S backglass to show on the screen you need to make sure it is named exactly the same as the pinball rom.exe
That is where my limitations ended, I was getting confused with b2s, puppacks, roms that didn't match the b2s file, I searched the forums for months, and it wrecked my brain.
So I was happy with the 700 tables that I managed to create.

Thats the thing, I do not know where to look to find the fps, or the resolution, but as you said I will look in the nvidia panel in windows.
Will the fps be there as well.
you will need a keyboard connected to the pc and then run one of the vpx pinball games and then i think you hit F11 if i remember correctly on the keyboard when the game is running and it will display the FPS on the screen in the corner

you will need a keyboard connected to the pc and then run one of the vpx pinball games and then i think you hit F11 if i remember correctly on the keyboard when the game is running and it will display the FPS on the screen in the corner
Thanks, I have a wireless keyboard and mouse connected the pc.
I will try that tomorrow.
Thanks again for your help.

Here's the photos I took this morning.

Attachments

• 20240908_103843~2.webp
    20240908_103843~2.webp
    199.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20240908_104959~2.webp
    20240908_104959~2.webp
    236 KB · Views: 13
looks like ac/dc that one yes? go into the settings of that one and it will show you the resolution and also as @Pick Holder said Put Cirqus Voltaire on, that ones a killer and if you are running that at 4k you will certainly know lol

Back
Top Bottom