What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Spinner/Spinners in modern Pinball

RetroHeed

Registered
Alias
Scott
What are the best Spinner or Spinners in modern Pins,m I'm thinking DMD onwards.

I have a TNA and a GZ Pro.

TNA's Spinner is awesome it never gets old, love ripping this Spinner. It produces a great loud sound effect and it's even more awesome when Super Spinner is activated.

On GZ there are 3 Spinners. Although they are satisfying to hit they don't offer no where near as much as fun as hitting the single one on TNA. I'm thinking it's also because the volume and sound effects are really very low. Does anyone know if the sound effects level on GZ can be increased, I had a quick Look in settings but could not see an option for the sound effect adjustments.

Anyhow, any other good modern Pins with satisfying Spinner/s shots ?

Last edited:
What's the cut off for 'modern' ?

On WCS the spinner is great when ultra spinner is lit. Makes a good sound too.

Juiced spinner on my Road show during Miami can get over 250mil for the mode😄

If they don't count I can only think of JP2 because of the sound effect

What's the cut off for 'modern' ?

On WCS the spinner is great when ultra spinner is lit. Makes a good sound too.

Juiced spinner on my Road show during Miami can get over 250mil for the mode😄

If they don't count I can only think of JP2 because of the sound effect
When I'm thinking modern, I'm thinking DMD onwards.

Thank's I'll have a look over WCS videos and Roadshow.

Come to think of it I really like the Spinner in Bond also, this one also offers a great loud sound. Think the sound effect changes to the same sound as a Bond 60th when the super spinner is activated also, can't remember been near a year since played one.

The 2 spinners on Halloween’s upper playfield are pretty cool when fighting Michael.

It’s really satisfying to hit that “pretzel” shot continuously especially when the music and sound effects start up and puts the pressure on.

TNA super spinner is the best with how the shaker is tied in. Feels amazing every time 😍

PF opto spinners go on for ever, very satisfying.

Old EMs where the spinner is tied to physical chimes also feel special. :)

Foo probably wins for me on the “satisfaction” stakes, because it’s central you can really hammer it, from either flipper, and then combo into the side ramp. Hnnngh.

Old EMs where the spinner is tied to physical chimes also feel special. :)

Unless they're Gottlieb's woeful extra-wide plastic spinners, without the weight for a good sustained spin. But yes, Eight Ball, though it's a solid-state, was satisfying to hear a chime trying to keep up with the spinner.

Mentioning Star Trek Next Gen, during Super Spinner a good shot at 10 million per spin can take the score most of the way to a replay if it's had a drop of oil on the arms. Incidentally, the game is so pushed for resources that the spinner is an 'F' switch, left over from there not being an upper left flipper. I recall reading that the spinner is handicapped during 'Rescue' mode, to prevent the spinner getting people aboard the shuttlecraft too easily. It only adds-on every few turns.

I managed to free-play a Game Of Thrones for ages after discovering the tactic of Stark mode, building the 'assassin' value to maximum from the right-side feeding ramp, then hitting the spinner to pay off.

Last edited:
Foo probably wins for me on the “satisfaction” stakes, because it’s central you can really hammer it, from either flipper, and then combo into the side ramp. Hnnngh.
It's very satisfying hitting it and as a ****e casual player being able to hit it easily from either flipper helps.
Don't own one so not sure how it plays, but love the look of the plectrum spinner on GnR.

Ironman! 3 spinners all super fast shots, orbit spinners connect together throughout the game and the middle spinner has a number of countdown moments that make it tense at times. All 3 can be shot and ripped for days.

Last edited:
Bond 60th Spinners look awesome, especially with the game sound effect options. Just a shame most will never get to play one, let alone even own one.

Back
Top Bottom