What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baywatch Appreciation Society (BAPS)

Ah cool, I’ll take another look see if I can tweak it so it just opens as the flipper is at the top of its stroke (will see what right does as well as that’s perfect)

No upper is fine, if I move it by hand it moves fine, nothing sticks and snaps back instantly when I let go, deffo seams like the coil is holding it up for a split second before releasing.

It's a mechanical flipper button switch not optos and the upper and lower flippers each have their own switch and each of the 4 flippers has its own circuitry on the 2 boards in the lower cabinet. Check that the left flipper button switch is all working correctly too and not sticking. The lower flipper switch will engage first as you push the button and then that pushes onto the upper flipper switch so the upper flipper activates slightly after the lower. If that all looks OK the swap over the 2 flipper boards in he lower cabinet. If the issue moves to right lower flipper its a problem with the board. Otherwise its a problem with the flipper button switches or eos switches or mechanical.

Had a little play tonight the EOS switch looks ok no different to the right good flipper, I did notice the push button hits the leaf switch far earlier than the right side so maybe this was causing the issue? But another test I did was hold both flippers up and end a game and you see the left flipper fall half sec after the right flipper like something is holding it up. I had another feel of the flipper movement and I think it might sorta (but very very subtle) feel like magnetic is holding it for a split second? I think someone mentioned coil stops becoming magnetised? So I’ll swap em over as a test. If this is it, can it be fixed or just buy new coil stop?

I swapped over the coil stops on bottom flippers and problem has gone away :) (I thought right flipper would now stick now but it’s fine, maybe coil was not sat quite right on left one) anyways all good :) thx for your suggestions :)

Well …. I’m an idiot .

For all the time I have had Baywatch I have always wondered why I never got the option of Extra Ball Buy In at the end of a game , could never see a setting in the menus , figured it must be a tournament setting or something odd that I couldn’t see. I wasn’t losing sleep or anything over it but occasionally it would pop into my head and puzzle me all over again 😁

Anyway mystery solved …….all you have to do is press the Buy In button anytime during play to activate the option , then at end of game you get the option .

Epic facepalm 🤦‍♀️

Not quite sure how I missed this in 10 years of ownership , especially as it’s clearly explained in the manual 😂

I foresee a lot more Earthquake action in my Baywatch life now this is a thing !

Added a few additions to my Baywatch over the years .

A few palms near Venice Beach
View attachment 219113

Spotlight to throw more light on the Guard Tower

View attachment 219114

Flotation thingy that lights up with the matching Laser Kick inserts . Sourced from a Baywatch Barbie 😁
View attachment 219115

A shark in the shark zone
View attachment 219116

Think I’ll get some inside side art soon.
I like the palm trees . I've put a light in the tower ramp brightens it up no end . I used a star post light and stuck it above the ramp in the tower.

Back
Top Bottom