What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

“GTF” Galactic Tank Owners Parlour

SeikoKid

Site Supporter
I guess this will be as neche or less so than the TNA Owners Club, however we need an owners natter corner for all the niggles and joy

Mine was due November - I’m in for the Deluxe Edition, hoping I get that call soon with an idea of arrival……

Im drawn to it because I like a good
light show, sound theme and the game play looks entertaining. It’s a running theme with what I have played, enjoyed and still have - Seems a good thesis to work from given the amount of games I’ve gone through.

So who else is on board ? Anyone have theirs yet ?

Owners
SeikoKid #109
Rolorolorolo #088

IMG_5701.jpeg
IMG_5699.jpegIMG_5700.jpeg

This has to be the best video out there I reckon

Last edited:
I guess this will be as neche or less so than the TNA Owners Club, however we need an owners natter corner for all the niggles and joy

Mine was due November - I’m in for the Deluxe Edition, hoping I get that call soon with an idea of arrival……

Im drawn to it because I like a good
light show, sound theme and the game play looks entertaining. It’s a running theme with what I have played, enjoyed and still have - Seems a good thesis to work from given the amount of games I’ve gone through.

So who else is on board ? Anyone have theirs yet ?

I'll let you know when it lands at mine and you're free to pop over mate.

Last edited:
Beautiful game and I love the theme, I was really up for selling some of my oldies and making this my first NIB but as soon as I saw the gameplay of it and heard that irritating dubstep music I was over it, felt like such a weird choice not to have a sort of tacky 50s sci-fi soundtrack. Hope to see one in the flesh sometime though, it's a stunning game for sure.

Beautiful game and I love the theme, I was really up for selling some of my oldies and making this my first NIB but as soon as I saw the gameplay of it and heard that irritating dubstep music I was over it, felt like such a weird choice not to have a sort of tacky 50s sci-fi soundtrack. Hope to see one in the flesh sometime though, it's a stunning game for sure.

Go to London and play it for free this week?😄

Well..... I went, I saw, I played. I am very glad I have ordered this game.

The Tank. Oh let's talk about that Tank..... Ive heard so much negativeness about it and I found it one of my fav things today. Of course the rest of the game is there but the Tank to me is in a pure positive placement. I destroyed it several times in a row and met the Alien fella on many occasion.

Right now I could go an purchase a LE but I find the cabinet artwork and metal paintwork really unappealing. Ive got a couple days to decide. Otherwise its prob the summer before it arrives :(

The whole game is packed. The UFO, Ramps, MAGNETS & MAGNETS galore. I love the music and sounds. Light show. The whole package had me playing for prob an hour. I think the stop plug ( whatever its called in-between the flippers ) is broken as it never came up once and the flippers defo need more power or Waynes fans, along with the VUC for the ball lock - Semantics though

Yep. Anyways. its fun - lets hope it doesn't change till ive got my fun from it

Last edited:
So an evening spent working through the glitches , but having the pinball knowlage now i was not upset at NIB being faulty. Haveing to rebuild a pop bumper cos it was put together wrong did raise an eyebrow but at least now they are all set up nice and sensitive
Just installing the update after @Calimori explained the difference to me over FAT and FAT32 formats

adult mode has been initiated ….

Not holding my breath here. Don’t be alarmed if I start posting in the 3rd person.

I’m halfway through the 32 page owners thread on pinside - Glad I’ve got the game now and not last year ….

Might have to brush up on my German

Attachments

• IMG_7248.jpeg
    IMG_7248.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 26
Well im really really enjoying this game. I play it the most after the improvements mentioned below were added. The flipper mods are a game changer and the sub and amp upgrade really compliment the game and the tank hits

( copied from my post on the pinside owners club )
Been working on improving game play and the sound system these past few weeks with the help of Vimtoman here in the UK with his 3D print skills

I can’t see anything on this game that needs modifying ( for game play ) bar the out lanes and the messy flipper area
I’m just an amateur who enjoys pinball so for me it’s hard enough to keep the ball on the field and watching it drain away down the outlane so quickly and without any effort, it was becoming disappointing
Also the ball getting jammed ontop of the flipper posts adj the Atomic Defence system and not really utilising the Lucky Break lanes was a bit of a downer

We came up with this set - Reduces out-lane drain from rebounds and also the gentle drains from the inlane area and side on direction

Regarding the flipper area i whipped out the posts as soon as i got the game and now we have a mould that allows a clean drain either way without any jamming and flows smoothly into the Lucky Break lanes

The ball will still get stuck if the Defence Shield is up and active regardless of what system you have as that’s a pinch point but the ball will move once the Sheild retracts

Some game play setting suggestions too to ease the all too quick meltdown activation and relentless ball save times especially if you have air strike and meltdown active at the same time ( note on multiball i am now getting on occasion the ball smashing the glass as the drain away system is working properly, so if one is draining and rolling over the shield and another hits the tank then “whack” goes your glass )
I have suggested to AP that they code out the shield during multiball events
For now i have fitted a sticky transparent rubber circle on the underside of the glass

Game play on Medium difficulty
Meltdown on extra hard
Turn down all ball saves to 5 or 10 seconds

Also on the sound front the following was done
New 8” sub - was on sale 70% off from £100 otherwise would have chosen same one as in CCR
Put the next model amp in , disconnected the tweeters to eliminate that shrill sound and just awaiting a small EQ to get more tuned in on the music
I’ve found some better speakers as they are a specific 3” square plate variant and not the usually 3.5” ones used like in CC but again waiting on them too

* I have found some Dayton 3" speakers that are inbound to try out

So now i can play longer and have a much more enjoyable game. I think im correct in stating this is a hard game ?! Well i find it hard and I own a TNA
The sound easy to have now on 6 or 7 - I get a bass rumble when hitting the tank which adds to the game atmosphere and no ear splitting high sound
My Amp has treble and bass on full and sub setting approx 1/3 of a turn

NOTE* The outlane mods are showing the ball jammed - We wanted to get a 1mm gap around the ball so this is prior to the final print
as we decided to change to outlane top mould by altering the radius

We have improved the outlane mod now and it's working well with spacing options. We - ( @Vimtoman ) are looking to design and install a plastic glass shield over the atomic to replace the sticky pad I fitted. Ironically since my episode 3 weeks ago with balls hitting the glass I have not had it happen once since. It really hit a case of co incidence

Attachments

• IMG_8202.jpeg
    IMG_8202.jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_8203.jpeg
    IMG_8203.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8204.jpeg
    IMG_8204.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 7083AA96-73C1-4667-81F9-86941EB0A90F.jpeg
    7083AA96-73C1-4667-81F9-86941EB0A90F.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 32940654-C0A7-4D55-B73B-19F04938D0B2.jpeg
    32940654-C0A7-4D55-B73B-19F04938D0B2.jpeg
    108.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_8306.jpeg
    IMG_8306.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_8066.jpeg
    IMG_8066.jpeg
    199.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_8117.jpeg
    IMG_8117.jpeg
    211.4 KB · Views: 38
  • D4C8CC2E-C42D-48B4-B5DC-B36774CB474A.jpeg
    D4C8CC2E-C42D-48B4-B5DC-B36774CB474A.jpeg
    213.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 1476FB33-18C0-4146-A576-F68E1DA524C3.jpeg
    1476FB33-18C0-4146-A576-F68E1DA524C3.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I really enjoyed play this machine a few weeks ago. The modifications make sense when you see some of the quirky ideas this game has, but they look like they could have been on the game from the start.
The game is also fun and really different, it feels quality. I will be back to play more if @SeikoKid lets me.

That’s a negative

And i was being hopeful and positive

Maybe Lee bought one but then sold it again to Williams ?

Not really I have no negative opinion on the game. Never played one looks pretty interesting.

Not really I have no negative opinion on the game. Never played one looks pretty interesting.
Heh, as in “that’s a negative houston” in response to any other owners
And I was being hopeful others would join the club
Sorry that it was lost in translation

Just received UFO light mod from hookedinpinball today. $15 and super easy to install

Refracts the light more to getter a better display from the UFO

Attachments

• IMG_8337.jpeg
    IMG_8337.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_8338.jpeg
    IMG_8338.jpeg
    201.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Still hope to borrow the one from PH but I never seem to leave with an empty van!

I thought it was great when I have played it.

Reminds me of 90s bally/williams. You know - the era manufacturers worked hard on games.

Anyone enjoy the game at pinfest ?

Was nice to meet someone from the company and be able to discuss the game and ask questions. I don’t feel so isolated now in terms of support.

Enjoyed the talk from David Fix. Background history was interesting , given I own an ICE Super Kixx it was 2 birds with 1 stone 😀

Bought some playfield brackets off Retro Dave which i’ve found useful albeit short use atm, though they will come in handy when my replacement stadium lighting arrives along with the ball lock mod

Thanks to @Ant-H for the ball for the shooter rod. Got my local engineering shop to put a thread on the rod for me today.

Game on. Maybe some new members on the way ..

Attachments

• IMG_9026.webp
    IMG_9026.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_9015.webp
    IMG_9015.webp
    212.5 KB · Views: 25
It's by far the best American Pinball game.

I'd buy one at 7k.

Wouldn't pay more. It really needs a mod to change out the tank model.

Game played fine other than the ball kept flying off the left wire form return by the sling area.

I think I'd need to play it in a quiet area to truly enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom