What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WPC Novice (WCS94 behaving oddly since changing game ROM)

Crewey

Site Supporter
@Paul kindly sent me the non ghosting version of the WCS'94 rom.
Since installing this yesterday I've had two quirky issues, based on experience with other non-WPC machines I've had here I'm assuming this is pointing to a bigger problem that I need to repair.

1) Ball 2 on the first game I played, the colorDMD froze but the game carried on regardless.
Turned it off, turned it on colorDMD totally dead not a single LED lit but the game booted up in the background fine.
Went in the backbox and reseated ribbon cables, and connectors including a version of the NoMoreResets module that's in there.
Switched on, the colorDMD worked and has worked fine since. Many plays yesterday and a few today... until. (It's powered off J116 fyi)

2) Mid game today both flippers died at the same time, switched the game off.
Turned it back on and went straight into Switch Test, neither flipper registered not even EOS triggered.
Pressed start, the flippers both seemed to lock on and do super fast insync erratic flipping so turned it off fast.
Went in the backbox and reseated the connectors on the fliptronics board, had a look under the playfield with my DMM and didn't know where to start 😂
With the playfield propped on the cabinet edge I pressed start on the game so I could see clearly if the flippers were locking on fully, however both flippers behaved and worked normally.
I put the playfield back into position, started a game and everything seems fine again :hmm:

Have turned it off until I receive some advice please. How concerned should I be ?
Thanks in advance

I had very similar issues recently on the Shadow. Flippers died during play and wouldn’t come back.. after power cycle they then locked on and took out some fuses before I could turn it off. I was also getting multiple switch errors as while this was happening,

I reseated all the data cables and asic etc. No problems at all since and it’s been played a lot. Hopefully you’ll have similar luck

Edit: just noticed you already reseated.. I’d give it another go, I was convinced mine was a fliptronics but in the end it was just a case of reseating everything

Last edited:
I noticed on my Dracula when I burned the non ghosting version it interfered with my pin2dmd display also.

Back
Top Bottom