What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Van purchase recommendations

AlanJ

Site Supporter
5Years
Alias
Alan
I’m thinking of getting a van

Would like it to hold 2 pins and also fit in my garage - max height of garage door is 1.98m. I’m also getting into jukeboxes so they need to feature in the mix.

so far I’m looking at vauxhall vivaro and ford transit connect.

Vivaro has an annoying problem at the rear doors. The bottom door latches protrude above the ply lined floor making it impossible to just slide in a pin, as they will catch on the load
IMG_0127.png
It doesn’t look like they stick up in this pic, but they do.

Ford connect is a similar issue with a plastic lip bump to overcome, but seems better than the vivaro.
IMG_0131.png

Worse still is the seat bulkhead that protrudes into the rear making the side door no good to receive a pin
IMG_0130.png

I’m favoring the vivaro, but could do with some other contenders, if you have any suggestions please?

I'd love a Transporter, one with a sporty body kit etc. The 'problem' is I work from home, use my car very infrequently, and mostly for short journeys so diesel would be an issue. I basically have zero use for a van so it would be a total waste of money for me.

It did lead me to looking at the VW ID Buzz, not that I'd ever buy one for the reasons above but I have ended up joining a few Facebook groups and watched a load of videos to get some of the excitement from afar.

I've got a vivaro myself and I lined the floor with 3/4 ply and I've moved pinballs, arcades and fruit machines without a problem easy for moving in and out.
Is it a recent model, looks like the floor issue is only on later models, the earlier ones seem to be ok

I’ve had two pins in my Mercedes vito and it also fitted comfortably in my garage.

Stay away from any Ford that has the “wet belt engine “ it’s a ticking time bomb!

Reactions: DRD
Went to look at another vivaro today and the rear door floor anchor points didn’t seem to stick up as much - think the floor liner is thicker and done differently. So it’s a definite goer for me.

Back
Top Bottom