What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using stickers on a playfield?

Antray84

Site Supporter
I have an Eight-Ball Deluxe that is in really nice condition for its age. There is limited playfield wear. It has been touched up in places but mostly to a good standard. However, funnily enough, when someone was touching-up the bank shot lane paint job they seem to have got a bit numerically confused. The first score is supposed to be 5,000 points, but where the 5 is missing they have added a '1' to the front to make it 15,000. They have then added a '2' to what was originally a 10,000 pt shoot, so it now reads 20,000 as the 10 must have worn away. The scores above these are untouched, but it looks a bit stupid as the score goes from 20,000 to 15,000 according to the playfield. I thought about touching it up again myself. But doing the numbers in the same style would be very hard. So I wondered if I could get the correct scores printed onto a high-adhesive but very thin sticker. I know a few printing places that could oblige. I could get the scores off any original game pictures. Would that be a good move, would it effect the ball in anyway? The ball simply hits the drop targets in these lanes and falls back down the playfield so it would be getting very little wear and wouldn't likely effect the balls travel at all.

Just curious for advice. I have attached a pic of the area concerned.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-19 at 19.52.56.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-19 at 19.52.56.png
    240.5 KB · Views: 32
People do use decals so what you are suggesting wouldn’t be any different

Back
Top Bottom