What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK tournament pinball thread (+ Large international comps)

Jackpot

Site Supporter
A thread to hype, support, discuss or report on upcoming or ongoing pinball tournaments primarily involving UK/UK based players.

We have a huge September coming up with the European Championships in Poland from Sept 20-22 and then the World famous UK open in Croydon from Sept 27-29. Both events will have many UK participants which will be brilliant.

I will try and post up some previews of each if I get time in the next week or two, but everyone is welcome to contribute to this thread wherever relevant to raise awareness around the great events going on in the UK tournament scene or just support those who are taking part.

UK Open game banks were released this week: https://playpinball.uk/game-banks/

Loads of recent releases included with John Wick, Elton John, Pulp Fiction, Funhouse remake and Labyrinth in the main, and Jaws in the Ladies/Junior.

Looking forward to playing Elton, Labyrinth and Funhouse remake for the first time - albeit probably not on a counting card unless I’m feeling brave or stupid!

Pockers out 3-1 :( But Gene through 3-1 to last 16 with a possible matchup against former World championship runner up Markus Virtanen next...

(This is the side event St Michel's Open)

Dan P played great in Main qualifying and will get another shot later this evening at the big time after the side event playoffs action.

MET game 3.... And a first ball Sparky - ends on 40M I am told with Crank it up lit!

Look out, there's another guy in East anglia that can play a bit 😄

Edit: and he is through to the last 16 without even needing the 4th game...

Last edited:
To summarise - Good efforts by both Gene and Dan - Gene got to the last 16 of the side tournament, eventually losing 3-1 to Markus Virtanen. Dan breezed through the first round of the main event last 32, winning 3 of 4 games in style.
He then came up against the veteran Swede Anders Carlsson, who put on a strong display of skills to win the group, and the up and coming 14yr old local Finnish talent, Topi Ahonen who also played very well to progress, with Dan taking a commendable third.

Is this an appropriate place to ask (otherwise, I'll move it) if anyone knows of any card-based Junior tournaments? (rather than Matchplay or tournaments including both kids and adults)

I am pretty sure there aren't any Vee. Junior tournaments are really rare in the UK - all we have on the calendar is the uk open youth which is a flip frenzy format I believe as per last year.

The closest thing might be when Matt V used to run the London League which was Best game / score based - this was good fun and had trophies for juniors.

Pinball Office does have fantastic trophies for the top 3 juniors at their matchplay tournaments though. Although you play adults as well as kids.

I am pretty sure there aren't any Vee. Junior tournaments are really rare in the UK - all we have on the calendar is the uk open youth which is a flip frenzy format I believe as per last year.

The closest thing might be when Matt V used to run the London League which was Best game / score based - this was good fun and had trophies for juniors.
There have been young peoples comps at Pinfest every year it's been running - 2 separate divisions this year, which Michael and James both entered :)
Some of the UK League regions have trophies for under 16s as well.

There have been young peoples comps at Pinfest every year it's been running - 2 separate divisions this year, which Michael and James both entered :)
Some of the UK League regions have trophies for under 16s as well.

I meant left on the calendar Wayne :) - also Vee was asking about Card based tournaments in particular.

We just had Pinfest and it is a long way away. The NBA juniors comps are really great fun and appreciated.

I'd forgotten about the juniors section in UK league - so thanks for pointing that out.

Last edited:

Thanks, everyone :) I thought the UK Open was matchplay, not flip frenzy, but I don't know whether a rapid-fire format is worse or better (probably worse TBH).

Looks like I'm a bit stumped, for the moment, unless a mixed-age best game/score competition with junior prizes pops up! :)

Back
Top Bottom