What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale Twilight Zone

DRD

Site Supporter
5Years
£5,900 or best offer.

Used annually in the Midlands League since 2015. Was a Pinball Paradise (Hampshire) refurb - and they were the best. Everything works as it should. I believe this to be a clean, low-mileage example - look at the ball eject photo.

All proper Bally/ Williams boards in the backbox (no rubbish repros). Upgraded clock board as the originals were unreliable. No nasty, damaging or irreversible modifications. Modifications are - LEDs, blue clock surround, new clock decal, new clock gears, magnet on diverter, marbles in gumball, illuminated gumball. I replaced many parts like plungers, links, flipper mechs, solenoid sleeves .... to get it playing beautifully.

Playfield is superb, probably the best you will find.

Cabinet is exceptional BUT IS FADED - I have re-decalled other 90s pinball cabinets in the past but this had so little damage, scratches etc that I left this one original.

Dot matrix display is fully working.

No cracked ramps or plastics.

Translite has minor damage that is very hard to spot. I have held it up to the light and placed a post-it note with arrows showing where these minor grazes are.

Excellent one slot coin door with coin mech and relevant board.

The Addams Family next to it is NOT for sale.

You are welcome to test this thoroughly before buying and I can show you round the menus. Once it is folded up and moved there is no warranty on this game. Simply folding a pinball machine and driving it home can shake the myriad of connectors about.

No paypal. I am open to sensible offers - but no part exchanges.

Ground floor. Wide doorways. I have a sack barrow and a hydraulic truck so can help you move it.
20240913_124855.webp
20240913_122218.webp
20240913_122156.webp
20240913_121130.webp
20240913_121105.webp
20240913_121059.webp
20240913_120949.webp
20240913_120938.webp
20240913_120916.webp
20240913_120844.webp
20240913_120838.webp
20240913_120823.webp
20240913_120802.webp
20240913_120755.webp

Attachments

• 20240913_120833.webp
    20240913_120833.webp
    66.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
This may be one of the ones owned new by my old employer. I see what seems to be insulation tape around the knocker bracket, something I used to add on works' machines. And the bumper coils have the terminals furthest from the stop end, another of my preferences, along with total removal of the mechanical coin meter (the four holes next to the PP sticker). One of ours did have a very stout eye-bolt added on the front, to meet a slotted metal bar attached to the door, under the lock barrel. It would have gone to Bob after finishing its use on our locations.

TZ is Pat Lawlor's masterpiece. One of the greatest machines in pinball history imo - nothing quite like it, and nothing plays like it . They absolutely nailed the theme integration. It still has the power (see what I did there) to put a smile on my face after all these years. The sounds, the dots , the callouts are all brilliant. The upper playfield and the Powerball are the stuff of a madman's dream :cool:
There are so many little rules and strategies going on you can really lose yrself in it. Years ago I printed off the rule sheet and it was like 50 pages of A4 . And that sense of knowing all the little quirks and understanding it all is unsurpassed. Using the Spiral magnets .....oh just soooo good.

I know its a marmite pin for many but I truly feel sorry for folk who just don't get it.

If I wasn't happy enough with my old trusty players condition workhorse TZ I'd be all over this. No idea why David is selling this over TAF - now I love TAF, had one for 10 years but TZ is the superior game.

GLWS

Sarge, the earliest one I played, in Deith's showroom, had a quirk when playing the Powerfield. Only winning by exiting from the top of the playfield had the flippers come back on - draining from the lower hole lost that ball. I wonder now if that was Lawlor's intention, rather than a software bug.

Sarge, the earliest one I played, in Deith's showroom, had a quirk when playing the Powerfield. Only winning by exiting from the top of the playfield had the flippers come back on - draining from the lower hole lost that ball. I wonder now if that was Lawlor's intention, rather than a software bug.
More likely the opto wasn't working on the exit.

Back
Top Bottom