What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Electric Playground Attack From Mars Topper

s000m

Site Supporter
Well TEP just announced their AFM topper.

I'm disappointed to be honest after the TZ topper which had it's own looping wire form I expected something more mechanical. I realise it's got some servo's but the saucer barely moves. Most of this is cut plastic and for $1279 that's just bonkers for me.

Thoughts?

Try not to say anything too negative as it takes a ton of work to do these things.

they've done a great job on the interactivity and electronics by the looks of it..., but for that kind of money this really should be painted 3D sculpts, not a bunch of flat plastic.

Well TEP just announced their AFM topper.

I'm disappointed to be honest after the TZ topper which had it's own looping wire form I expected something more mechanical. I realise it's got some servo's but the saucer barely moves. Most of this is cut plastic and for $1279 that's just bonkers for me.

Thoughts?
💩

I was listening to the LoserKid Pinball Podcast on the way home from work, sounded amazing this topper. I was given the impression that this may have included a similar or replica topper sculpture from the official CGC topper, since found this was not the case. I expect a proper well done sculp would have cost a small fortune to create.

Very cool they are offering an officially licensed topper though, and a lot of work has clearly gone into creating this with the integrated light shows and solenoids.

Sure its more the flat plastic style but way more iteractive compared to the static Stern flat plastic ones.

Back
Top Bottom