What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taito X Connect arcade game

Darthsinex

Site Supporter
10 Years
We're in Tokyo and kids have fallen in love with a Taito arcade cab called Taito X Connect. It's like a rhythm game, but not sure if they are in the UK anywhere or avaliable to buy? Thought someone on here might know?

You will be able to import one, but I dont think many / any UK distributors will have them sat in a warehouse ready to sell.

Depending on what system it runs, it may need a network connection / subscription plan which could be japan only? maybe worth doing a bit more digging on that machine before taking the plunge

I assume you mean TetoteXconnect?
I asked around about this from folks in the know and at least right now it's not possible, it's a venue exclusive game to Round 1 and Taito station locations in Japan.

Typically with these kind of games a few end up outside of Japan before a game dies if they are popular but as this is venue exclusive game I highly doubt any of these will be coming outside of Japan until the game is discontinued. Even then they might just get scrapped.

Apologies to be the bearer of bad news!!

Ah, yes we have only seen it in Taito Station in Tokyo and Hiroshima, so makes sense. It's very good though. Do you happen to know if there is anything similar that has made its way to the UK? This style of game is new to us.

Quite a lot of rhythm arcade games have made their way over to the UK but they are still somewhat niche in nature so accessibility can still be a bit of a issue if London isn't easy for you to get to. Quite a few end up in private ownership too so more may be out there than I'm aware of.

In terms of similar games, there aren't too many that are touch screen based as most tend to be button based but there are a few that come to mind
-Synchronica
-Beatstream
-CrossXbeats
-DJ Max Technika

The first two are playable at FreePlayCity in London, DJ max used to be too but I think the cab has had a lot of issues since being there so I think it's been taken back by it's owner for now.
Crossxbeats might be at Arcains at Liverpool.

If you just want good places to try out more rhythm games in general then I'd recommend the following locations:

-Chief Coffees isn't a bad place to start as there's a few games in there in a nice relaxed environment, plus there's pinball there too!
-FreePlayCity in London has a lot of rhythm games, pay one free and they are all on freeplay. More games on offer with some cabs there being the only ones in the country.
-Arcade club locations have a few rhythm games in each of their venues so can also be a good option to try some out alongside the assortment of other games they have.

If you have any more Questions then let me know, this is my main community outside of pinball so I probably know too much for my own good...

Wow thanks for the comprehensive answer. Will definitely try some of the venues suggested as we are close to London. Yesterday we spent a few hours playing on a new motion capture dance cab Konami Dance Around and DanceRush Stardom. The kids still prefer XConnect though

Is there not also the arcade downstairs in Soho?
Las Vegas? It's not a bad venue but the main issue there is machine condition, quite a few of the rhythm games are in less than ideal condition so it might sour the experience. It used to be a bit different but times have changed there, I'm sure @7ten could spill the beans as he used to work there.
If you aren't too bothered about that and want to try out new games then it is an option and it's easy enough to get to.
Though I must say yesterday a fair few of the rhythm games were removed from the venue so the selection is a fair bit less than what it was.

Wow thanks for the comprehensive answer. Will definitely try some of the venues suggested as we are close to London. Yesterday we spent a few hours playing on a new motion capture dance cab Konami Dance Around and DanceRush Stardom. The kids still prefer XConnect though
No worries, there's a few dance rush stardom cabinets over here so if you enjoy it you can still get your fix

Back
Top Bottom