What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade Swap of three games for one?

mart

Site Supporter
Hi. I posted earlier, but maybe in the wrong section, and I can't find it now! A few folk responded with advice. Thanks for that. One bit of advice was to post in this section. So here goes.
I have 3 machines, all working. Nightrider (SS), Harlem Globetrotters and Genie. I am hoping to do a swap with someone my 3 for one. My three for a machine worth around £4 to £5K
I bought Nightrider working from Coinop King about 3 years ago. It has worked continuously ever since. No coin mechanism. I have not done anything to it apart from replacing the broken backglass with a new one, and further cleaning the playfield. The cabinet is sound with the paintwork a bit shabby but OK.
I bought the Harlem Globetrotters non-working at the same time, Had a ruined playfield and backglass. I put an overlay on the playfield, a translite behind the (cleaned) backglass, and sourced all the missing parts and plastics. I think I bought replacement used original working boards and a new rectifier and sound board. All working now (except a couple of bonus lights), though I was brand new to the hobby and totally new to electrics and soldering. Hence whilst working a buyer might want to renew some of the soldering particularly. Anyway, working and looks good now, albeit with the translight and overlay.
I bought the Genie 2 yrs ago non-working. It now works, though the EM parts were baffling to me. There were issues with the Tilt and I did the main board bypass to get round that and it worked from that point. It still has original boards except the sound board which I bought new. I replaced a couple of displays. It was filthy after lying in a barn aparantly, and I have cleaned it up. The playfield and backglass are in good state, apart from the faded red on the backglass (now white). The 2 small upper playfield flippers work but are weak and need attention - maybe not getting enough power transferred from the main flippers? The fault finder button seems not to work (or I cannot work it!)
Including the parts I have spent around £4.5k on these machines 2-3 years ago, and I am looking to roughly recoup what I paid, ideally in a swap for one machine of that sort of value. I am less into doing the repairs these days, and am playing the games less, but mainly I want the space in my games room so I can lay out my 9 feet Bagatelle table - and maybe a couple of Allwin penny machines too. I would still like to have one Pinball machine though, that I can play and enjoy. Would need to be fully working with good condition backglass and playfield. Maybe a bit new/more complex than my current 1979/80 machines, though hopefully not so advanced that I can't do a few repairs when needed. Mainly I fancy a change, and to free up some space.
I'm getting a bit long in the tooth for shifting these machines -especially the Genie - but at a push I guess I could hire a van and a helper and deliver, though would need to factor in those costs into the deal. Better would be for the swapper to collect and see the games working before buying. I live in SW Scotland which is a bit miles away from about everywhere!
I prefer the idea of a swap - I am not into all the money side of this hobby, and would prefer a deal to trade all three - apart from anything else, to do the collecting/delivering in a oner. However I would consider a straight sale of the 3 machines - or of any one or two of them if collected by the buyer. I'd then use the proceeds to buy another machine. Following some previous kind advice, I may not be completely right about valuations, though as a guide my thoughts were that around £1200 for the Harlem, £1200 for the Genie and £2000 for the Nightrider would be fair. With a few hundred pounds tacked on if I was to deliver. Negotiable though, especially for the swap, or to buy all 3.
I'd be happy to do photos and/or video of all or any of these if anyone was interested - ideally to do a swap. I am open to consider any machine in exchange for mine that is fully working and fun to play.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom