What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Powdercoat prep question

Bulla

Site Supporter
On a Stern lockdown bar do you remove the clear stickers either end and the foam ?

I’m assuming these won’t fair well in an oven !

Presumably once removed they need replacing ?

Attachments

• IMG_3823.webp
    IMG_3823.webp
    99.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3822.webp
    IMG_3822.webp
    61.9 KB · Views: 13
I would have though for the new powdercoat to attach properly to the metal they will need to strip all the old coating off first.
@Bulla I genuinely wouldn't worry. I sent my powder coater a combination of Stern Prem legs/armour, and some assorted rusty and painted stuff off an Alien Poker. All came out fine.

I had to fit all the bits (e.g. action button) back on afterwards, though. They packed them up for me in a separate bag after removal.

Sorry yeah I'm not worried about them figuring out they need to take the stickers and the foam off, more the fact that the foam looks like its stuck down ? The same as the clear stickers and therefore will be knackered and need replacing when I get the lockdown bar back ?

Peel the stickers off and keep them, put them back on afterwards. I usually strip the action button off myself, and point out the threads to the powder coater so he doesn't destroy them. I also take the rubber strip off, it usually comes off in pieces though. You could fit replacement strip but I normally don't bother.

My powdercoater sandblast everything back to metal as part of the job and I expect all would do the same. Its all part of the job so no need to waste your time prepping anything.

Back
Top Bottom