What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pin maintenance day

Monkeyboypaul

Site Supporter
10 Years
Spending a few hours doing the pin-jobs that have been building up over the last few months… it’s also a good way to navigate a bad hangover. My pinball mojo has been a bit lacking in the last year or so, mainly because I couldn’t get to them easily and work took over, not to mention ongoing building work at home. Hopefully it’s on the up again now 🤞

IMG_0498.jpeg

Pic:
Fixing a dead fish topper, replacing ‘RGB’ led with a dead ‘R’, working out why my Met GI flickers, and replacing a seized flipper coil on Roadshow. I might finally get around to levelling them properly too, there’s nowt worse than wonky pins.

Last edited:
The GI flicker on my Metallica just needed the wire in the IDC connector to be manipulated (shoved hard) with an IDC tool - issue was just poor connection. Can’t remember where the connector was but if you get stuck I can have a look on mine and report back 👍

Looks like the connector has cooked a bit, read elsewhere it should be a different type as this is quite common. Vaguely recall my old TWD LE having a beefier cable for this. I could just redo it but I don’t have the right connector here.

Attachments

• IMG_0497.jpeg
    IMG_0497.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0496.jpeg
    IMG_0496.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0495.jpeg
    IMG_0495.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom