What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next experiment - Nickel Plating..

myPinballs

Site Supporter
10 Years
So i thought i'd have a go at some nickel plating and bought a smallish kit to try it out then expand upon if it works ok and can help restore some small pinball parts and maybe some parts fro my jukebox.

Here is the kit setup

IMG_5539.webp
IMG_5541.webp

This is the kit test piece, a small brass ring

IMG_5537.webpIMG_5540.webp

Now trying some small pinball parts like these. these are nos ramp switch guides but got tarnished from bad storage at old operators places, so lets see what we can do with these...

The removal of old plating and preparation of them may need some additional steps, but we will see.

IMG_5542.webpIMG_5538.webp

If this works out then i want to make the tank much bigger for larger parts etc.

Really good work Jim. Luckily I have 4 plating companies very close to me where my workshop is. The problem I have with them is actually smaller items. They seem to get lost! I have had bridge pieces from early 1960 fender guitars getting lost and they are impossible to replace unless you want to spend £100s.
If you can do small parts in house - kudos!
Well done!

Back
Top Bottom