What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New pinball cabinets (from USA)

philpalmer

Site Supporter
10 Years
Looking at doing a group buy on these.

Below is a list of cabinets this guy has made and or has the files to make and images below.

Cost is $850 per cabinet, plus getting it here and vat etc.

I imagine than shipping from him to Chicago and Chicago to UK (Manchester) $400-450 each plus UK delivery and lovely VAT.

So appx $1300 (£1200 with vat) a piece plus UK delivery of probably £95.

Addams Family
Addams Gold
Atlantis
Attack from Mars
Bad Cats
Bally kiss etc
Spectrum
Banzai Run
Batman DE
Big Guns
Black Knight Black Knight 2000
Bram stoker Dracula
Bride of pinbot
Bugs bunny
Cactus canyon
Centaur
Champion Pub
Cirquis voltaire
Congo
Creature
Cyclone
Back to the future
Simpsons
simpsons pinball party
Diner
Dr Dude
Dr Who
Dungeons Dragons
Earthshaker
f-14
Firepower
Fireball classic
Fish tales
Funhouse
Future spa
game show
Gilligans Island
Gottlieb wedge head
Grand lizard
Harley Davidson Bally
Getaway
High Speed
Hurricane
Incredible hulk Gottlieb
Indiana Jones
Indy 500
Johnny Mnemonic
Jokerz
Joust
judge dredd
Junkyard
jurassic park DE
Medieval Madness
Meteor
millionaire
Monster bash
NBA fastbreak
No Good Gophers
Party Animal
Party Zone
Phantom opera
Pinbot
Police Force
Pool Sharks
Popeye
Radical
Road kings
Road Show
Rocky gottlieb
Rocky Bullwinkle DE
Safe Cracker
Scared stiff
Skateball
Sorcerer
Southpark
Space Invaders
Space Shuttle
Space Station
Spirit
Star Trek DE
Star trek Next generation
Stargate Gottlieb
Stargazer
Strange Science
Swords of fury
Tales arabian nights
Taxi
Terminator
Shadow
Theatre of magic
Time warp
Truckstop
Twilight zone
Whirlwind
White Water
World cup soccer 94
Royal rumble DE
Xenon

1.jpegUnknown-3.jpegUnknown-2.jpegUnknown-1.jpegUnknown.jpegUnk3nown.jpeg2.jpeg

I thought MDF was banned in the USA may be wrong but sure.
I believe there's 2 classes, on has a fire retardant added (this is the banned one).

MDF is a class 3 carcinogen which means they think it causes cancer but can't prove it. Its mainly the phenolic glue that is the binder that is the problem.

Also makes cabinet's, more expensive but might be cheaper than importing from the us, also supplies with decals installed on some of them.

Also makes cabinet's, more expensive but might be cheaper than importing from the us, also supplies with decals installed on some of them.
I spoke with these guys earlier in the year about getting a cabinet and it was more than what Phil has quoted above.

They said there was extra fees for exporting if over €1000.

Ah ok never had need for them myself just thought it might be another option if buying in bulk and shipping via land rather than air

Anyone got a cnc cutting list for these? I'm sure, even with the daft cost of wood/materials they could be sold as a kit cheaper...

Saying that - Phil knows his bones, and there is deffo a market for these since Manny left the business....

Making a pinball cab is not rocket science.... But you need to know what you are doing and have all the right gear to do it with.

Manny charged over a grand for a cabinet, so given that was years ago then these seem well priced. I still can not get over the way people used to blow smoke up his backside - yes he was good but these days a CNC router is better and more accurate.

It is okay doing 'kits' but you need all the clamps etc to make sure you assemble them properly.

Virtuapin in the states do them flatpack - with the shipping and VAT etc it works out about £300 less than having it all assembled with all the additional things - like all the holes drilled etc and the correct wooden pads or transformer mountings put in.

Shame he doesnt make the cab out of the stuff CGC do - as that stuff is amazing to decal straight to, No primer/black paint etc. It is like a formica finish on top of the board.

I am also unsure if there is any different in board thicknesses in the USA. Wonder if anything gets lost in the metric/imperial conversion. IE. Is 1/2 inch board really 12.5mm in the states - or is it 12mm like in europe?

I mean, how much time and effort goes into doing a cabinet on a restoration - many hours of sanding and filling etc? Think I would rather buy a new cab - and then all the old cabs can go back into circulation to make V-Pins in!

Making a pinball cab is not rocket science.... But you need to know what you are doing and have all the right gear to do it with.

Manny charged over a grand for a cabinet, so given that was years ago then these seem well priced. I still can not get over the way people used to blow smoke up his backside - yes he was good but these days a CNC router is better and more accurate.

It is okay doing 'kits' but you need all the clamps etc to make sure you assemble them properly.

Virtuapin in the states do them flatpack - with the shipping and VAT etc it works out about £300 less than having it all assembled with all the additional things - like all the holes drilled etc and the correct wooden pads or transformer mountings put in.

Shame he doesnt make the cab out of the stuff CGC do - as that stuff is amazing to decal straight to, No primer/black paint etc. It is like a formica finish on top of the board.

I am also unsure if there is any different in board thicknesses in the USA. Wonder if anything gets lost in the metric/imperial conversion. IE. Is 1/2 inch board really 12.5mm in the states - or is it 12mm like in europe?

I mean, how much time and effort goes into doing a cabinet on a restoration - many hours of sanding and filling etc? Think I would rather buy a new cab - and then all the old cabs can go back into circulation to make V-Pins in!
I need one for Creech as mine is absolutely totalled so this is a no brainer as an advert for a used cabinet brought nothing to the table so it’s either new or nothing

Thing is... even the old cabs go for a couple of hunderd now.. if you can get them.. which is crackers as i remember when people couldnt give em away!

Thing is... even the old cabs go for a couple of hunderd now.. if you can get them.. which is crackers as i remember when people couldnt give em away!
and the rest.....

Nobody is breaking games for spares nowadays. Gone are the days of pretty well any solid state game being parted out.

These will make restoring games so much easier for people. It is a shame he does not finish them ready for decal application. It is unclear that they need final sanding and grain filling.

and the rest.....

Nobody is breaking games for spares nowadays. Gone are the days of pretty well any solid state game being parted out.

These will make restoring games so much easier for people. It is a shame he does not finish them ready for decal application. It is unclear that they need final sanding and grain filling.
That’s the thing with new cabinets, they still need work.

HEP uses these exact cabinets in nearly all his build and says that though they are excellent, they still need quite a bit of work to get them ready for decals. Just not as much as restoring an original cab.

These cabinets are perfect for is you have a game with a cabinet that is to far gone and beyond saving.

Anyone got a cnc cutting list for these? I'm sure, even with the daft cost of wood/materials they could be sold as a kit cheaper...

Saying that - Phil knows his bones, and there is deffo a market for these since Manny left the business....
Manny cabs never fitted!

Back
Top Bottom