What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mylar polish ?

Dotteddown

Registered
Hey guys/gals,
I spent a bit of free time on the pin yesterday by cleaning the playfield and then adding a canabula wax.
Worked a treat on the original painted play field but I’m not convinced it’s made the Mylar any better ? Well maybe a little but the Mylar is making the ball spin more than I’d like 👍🏻
What’s best way to polish the Mylar up please ?

Also fitted a new lock for coin door and now shuts perfectly flat 👌🏻
Got some replacement bulbs on the way for the few I have out and should be getting there now, only needs painting and stencilling lol🤩

I removed 2 full playfield mylared once and struggled with the freeze method. Found a hairdryer and goo gone much easier

I wouldn’t want to risk nackering the playfield in as it’s old, it plays fine and Mylar looks good generally just not as good as the original finish once waxed.
Probably just me being picky

I used Treasure Cove which has an abrasive additive and it really made the mylar look factory fresh so I guess you could use Novus 2 (treasure cove is unavailable ), Novus is a plastic polish so should be quite effective.

Get a small foam polishing mop head and stick it in a speed controlled drill and go over the mylar multiple times that should do it.

or try the cleaning brands stocked by Pinball Bazaar.

Let us know how you get on 👍

i had good results with meguiars plastx. its a plastic cleaner and polish. similar to headlight plastic polish

i had good results with meguiars plastx. its a plastic cleaner and polish. similar to headlight plastic polish
I used meguires car wax, very easy to rub on and take off, it removed all dirt, its not abrasive, the balls get lots of spin and it plays fast.

Well maybe a little but the Mylar is making the ball spin more than I’d like 👍🏻

That's normal for a freshly waxed playfield and helps indicate that the polish is working fine on the mylar...! :D

Oh and if you novus 2 it, then you'll get even more ball spin...!!!

Back
Top Bottom