What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

List of Compatible WiFi dongles for Stern Spike 2

DevilzAvocado

Registered
5Years
I couldn't avoid situating my JP2 in a place with v bad WiFi strength from the router, so I looked to upgrade the WiFi dongle in the machine.

Eddie at Stern kindly shared a list of Compatible USB dongles, which he said is ok to share.

I splashed out on the Panda PAU09 and it solved the problem. Not cheap though.

Here is the list of confirmed compatible dongles. Of course it may not be exhaustive, but these are confirmed to work.

I hope it helps anyone looking to improve WiFi connectivity.

Edit: p.s. The machine is at the Micro Pug in Leamington Spa (downstairs, through the fridge) if you fancy a play. Modded and A1 condition. Currently £1 for 2 games (thinking of changing it to £1 a play). All money to charity.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240823-121920.webp
    Screenshot_20240823-121920.webp
    31.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Bit of a silly question but I've fitted a dongle to my jp2 (ralink from amazon that was recommended) its needed for my scorbit... How do I know if its actually working? I'm still having problems with my scorbit getting it to work on this machine

Have a look at

I couldn't avoid situating my JP2 in a place with v bad WiFi strength from the router, so I looked to upgrade the WiFi dongle in the machine.

Eddie at Stern kindly shared a list of Compatible USB dongles, which he said is ok to share.

Here is the list of confirmed compatible dongles. Of course it may not be exhaustive, but these are confirmed to work.

Edit: p.s. The machine is at the Micro Pug in Leamington Spa (downstairs, through the fridge) if you fancy a play. Modded and A1 condition. Currently £1 for 2 games (thinking of changing it to £1 a play). All money to charity.
Glad you solved your issue, but wouldn't a Wi-Fi extender have been a simpler/cheaper solution?

I was wondering why just any wifi dongle wouldnt just work is there a technical reason?

I was wondering why just any wifi dongle wouldnt just work is there a technical reason?
It's because the drivers that are need to run it are hard coded on the board, so you have to get the one stern used or equivalent

Back
Top Bottom