What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jukebox - Wurlitzer Baltic 3

2huwman

Registered
5Years
Anyone on here know much about jukeboxes? One of these (Wurlitzer Baltic 3) has come up for sale locally. Working and in decent condition. I know nothing about jukeboxes, other than recognising the brand name. Would this be a good starter? Looks fairly compact which is a plus. If so what's a fair price for one of these currently? Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:
I am just getting into jukeboxes, but @Pick Holder is really your man here.

What I have learnt so far:
1. There are jukeboxes and jukeboxes. There are really lovely looking and very collectible and top end of the market boxes, - these are from the golden era 50's early 60's, lots of chrome trim, visible record playing, valve amps. £5k - £20k for good or fully restored examples.
2. All the rest - loads of late 60's through early 80's solid states, where the trend was to hide the record player (there is a reason for this...). There are loads of these around. Prices vary from a few £100 to a couple of grand. There are always lots for sale from projects to working

I bought a seeburg topaz - because I wanted a cheap entry into the 45 rpm vinyl jukebox market, and it's size and look appealed to me. At the time there were 2 for sale, both with issues around £800. In the end I paid £1,400 for one which was cosmetically better and had had the amp re-capped and various other work to improve it. The price also included delivery. I'm happy with the deal I got. The extra few £100 I spent was worth it for the amp re-cap work alone.

Look on ebay and facebook and you will get an idea of "asking" prices.

IF it all works then currently I would estimate £700-1000 depending on outside condition!

Make sure that you take a record that is mixed in stereo - as a lot of jukes seem to have a channel down and run in mono - so you only get say the left stereo image thru both lots of speakers. Take Queen Bohemian rhapsody and make sure you hear 'easy come - easy go - little high - little low'.

Check as many selections you can - make sure all the letters and numbers work.

Make sure it picks up A sides and B sides.

If you do buy make sure you strap the mech down when transporting.

These german wurlitzers are okay. The mechs do break parts off if they get jammed..... The workmanship is not close to USA made ones.

Thanks everyone, great advice. He's asking £750 so that sounds about right. I'll go and have a look, armed with BoRap!

Back
Top Bottom