What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intermittent flipper fail

SilkySox

Site Supporter
5Years
Probably basic but not something I’ve come across before.
On my JJP GnR, the left flipper will very occasionally just not flip. It might just happen once in three or four games - usually at the worst possible time, of course!

What should be top of my checklist? I did have a look and found a loose coil stop (one of the nuts had actually come off) but that seems all solid now.

The fact it’s so intermittent is throwing me.
Maybe that loose stop messed things up but, in that case, why would the fail be so rare?

Any guidance appreciated!

I'd of thought leaf contacts on the button?

Clean it and if necessary adjust distance between the contacts if they are too far apart.

I'd of thought leaf contacts on the button?

Clean it and if necessary adjust distance between the contacts if they are too far apart.
Thanks for that - had tried those things but you prompted me to go back in with the leaf adjustment tool.
All is good again in Paradise City…

IMG_0397.webp

Thanks for that - had tried those things but you prompted me to go back in with the leaf adjustment tool.
All is good again in Paradise City…
On that high score screen.....can you log in / load a saved player before hand so you don't have to enter a name?

On that high score screen.....can you log in / load a saved player before hand so you don't have to enter a name?
Don’t think so, not since they binned Scorbit. Their own version of Connected is incoming, apparently.

I see, thanks, yeah I had heard of the scorebit being removed, it's just something I think that could get a little tedious in this day and age and with that many characters per name. I'm making UI inspired by JJP but will make this part better. A phone tap or pin code would be enough.

Back
Top Bottom