What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Insider connect without buying one

cmrl9

Site Supporter
Hi,
I know it's possible, want to hook up insider connect to my avengers but don't want to pay £250 for the privilege and really don't want the qr scanner or apron

I can borrow a qr scanner so I can set up the home team.

What type of WiFi dongle is compatible please?
Also it appears to need a micro sd card any particular brand /size, does it need software installed? Or is it storage for the settings?

Help would be very much appreciated 😁

@AlanJ received today, fitted working perfectly. Many thanks. home team set up with a borrowed qr scanner. Had a micro SD card already.

For any one else, 32gb micro SD card, slot into the micro SD card slot on the CPU board only one on it. Slot the WiFi dongle in the usb port.

For a borrowed qr scanner, no need to unwire from the donner machine, just remove the apron two screws and unclip the black cat 5 cable.

On your machine you will need a cat 5 cable. Don't bother lifting the playfield.

Open coin door plug cat cable into spare connector on node 8 , left facing you. Turn machine on and register, make sure you set up the home team. Play to check working. Disconnect qr scanner and remove cat cable. Job done.

Enjoy achievements

Am I being daft here. I bought this wi fi dongle:

But GZ prem isn't recognising it? The dongle came with a CD rom. Do I need to install drivers first?

View attachment 256564
You can't install drivers, if when you boot the machine it doesn't detect it or it's not detected in the setting menu under network then it's not compatible.

I can dig out the model number I bought when I'm at home.

But GZ prem isn't recognising it? The dongle came with a CD rom. Do I need to install drivers first?

View attachment 256564
Most dongles don’t work. I found out the hard way. I tried several. Some were even recommended on this forum but simply didn’t work at all.

See here for the startech one I found worked really well. I sold last one to @cmrl9 - I can’t remember the model no sorry. But it’s the 300mbs version

View attachment 256564
Forgot to add the reason why it won't work is because the drivers needed for it are embedded in the board or the games and card, so you have to find the exact one stern uses or equivalent that uses the same drivers

Urgh. That's a waste of £8. Thanks.

I'm still having issues connecting to IC. I've bought a new micro SD. It's formatted and the game is picking up WiFi on the old dongle, but I get repeated "this game is not connected" messages.

Urgh. That's a waste of £8. Thanks.

I'm still having issues connecting to IC. I've bought a new micro SD. It's formatted and the game is picking up WiFi on the old dongle, but I get repeated "this game is not connected" messages.
Did you format it or the machine?

The machine should format it when it's inserted and turned on

When preparing the card make sure it's fat32 and untick quick format. It will take awhile on your pc, then insert the machine should then pick it up and format

You might have to remove all the config for insider you do this in the setting network menu for it to pick up it's a new card

Remember to unregister the machine first.

Did you format it or the machine?

The machine should format it when it's inserted and turned on

When preparing the card make sure it's fat32 and untick quick format. It will take awhile on your pc, then insert the machine should then pick it up and format

You might have to remove all the config for insider you do this in the setting network menu for it to pick up it's a new card

Remember to unregister the machine first.

I just stuck a new card it and it formatted and loaded up after 60 seconds without issue

Back
Top Bottom