What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Importing a CPR playfield.

Antray84

Site Supporter
Has anyone got any experience importing a CPR Playfield from the states? Are they a good quality product?

Has anyone got any experience importing a CPR Playfield from the states? Are they a good quality product?
Dimple markings rarely align.
Print quality can vary. Fish tales has often been poor. Others can be absolutely fine.

Just prepare yourself for the import/admin fees.

Dimple markings rarely align.
Print quality can vary. Fish tales has often been poor. Others can be absolutely fine.

Just prepare yourself for the import/admin fees.
For the price it would have to be a perfect product. Not to mention the effort of actually doing the swap. Thanks for the info.

For the price it would have to be a perfect product. Not to mention the effort of actually doing the swap. Thanks for the info.
Micro playfield is fine for fish tales and others but you would be better off getting the playfield re-clearcoated.

Finding an original clear coated playfield is always going to trump a repro.

Yes, I bought a Fish Tales and it was so poor I sent it back. It was completely not lined up and would have been terrible installed had I not noticed.

I have a Fish Tales with a Micro playfield and is excellent.

However, I will say the customer service from cpr was excellent, but they should not have sent it out in the first place.

Oh and no import duties.

Yes, I bought a Fish Tales and it was so poor I sent it back. It was completely not lined up and would have been terrible installed had I not noticed.

I have a Fish Tales with a Micro playfield and is excellent.

However, I will say the customer service from cpr was excellent, but they should not have sent it out in the first place.

Oh and no import duties.
I sent mine back as the black was blurry but the next one was great, you probably got my cast off! 😂

I’ve got around 8 or 9 CPR playfields laying flat under a spare bed and they all look really nice, and are not warped.

The CPR playfields I’ve installed have been ok. They can have there issues which imo is pretty standard for repro playfields.

It’s just depends what it is. Most things you can sort out in the prep and installation stages but there’s no fixing mis-aligned artwork. I would say from what I’ve seen the clear coat is better than the Mircos I’ve fitted.

A friend of mine has just sent a Playfield direct from CPR to Kruzman and he said the inserts need to be sorted and that the wrapping paper left splotches all over the clear 😮

CPR are generally pretty nice.
Thickness of the clearcoat can be inconsistent. My Galaxy for example is going to need re-doing as it is too thin. I don't know if the sometimes forget to add a layer in the clear coating process?

As with all repro playfields, you will want to store them flat for as long as possible before installing them in the game. Several months at the very minimum for the clearcoat to fully cure

Back
Top Bottom