What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi and can you

Tex

Site Supporter
Hey everyone.

Been on a while but mainly I have just been playing my GZ and enjoying that, thinking about getting a 2nd hand STERN pro but what i need to know is can you get a pin in a car? I have an VW ID4 and if not what do you all don about transport for buying machines.

TIA

Tex

Some info on here about fitting a Pin in certain cars, not so sure on an ID4 though.

https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/pinball-haulers.58473/

Lots of people use Martin, a highly recommended chap for collecting and delivering Arcades and Pinball.

https://www.facebook.com/RetroLogistics/

Or you could just hire a van if you are keen to get something very quick.

Thats great, I think Martin delivered my machine when I brought in from PBH, i couldnt remember his name but he is in my contacts

Martin the Deliveryman(https://www.facebook.com/RetroLogistics), he's always not the fastest but hes usually the best option and can be cheaper that getting yourself depending on distance, or if youre in a rush then @Matt Vince (London Pinball) who is quicker but more expensive.
Just a follow up to the above really. If I am buying second hand, to people tend to go and play them first or is it more a blind faith type thing, or does Martin check them out as he collects it for delivery?

Martins not responsible for checking condition of a machine. He deals with so many it would be a logistical nightmare to keep track and your opinion good, great, players condition may be different to someone else's so it's best for you do your own due diligence.
Get on whatsapp or messenger video with seller, ask here first for things machine-specific to look for. Scott (s000m) put an excellent newbies guide which is pinned somewhere too.

Visit a club if you can and have as many plays as you can before deciding and ask on here. Someone near you may have the pin you're interested in and will let you have a go.

Just a follow up to the above really. If I am buying second hand, to people tend to go and play them first or is it more a blind faith type thing, or does Martin check them out as he collects it for delivery?
If you can then definitely 100% test & also collect yourself.
Blind faith will result in very mixed results regardless of who you are buying from and it can take a while to learn who to trust etc

You could employ the likes of me or @Matt Vince who would go to the machine - check it over - call you to release the money and deliver.

It will cost a hell of a lot more than Martin and it depends on distance. I am Birmingham based and Matt is London based.

You will have to be aware you are paying for a day of our working lives. fuel, insurances etc as we both run legit businesses.

If you buy on the group - it is less risky, but not perfect.

Also a check over is only as good as the day it is done. Me or Matt could collect a game, and get it to yours. 3 days later the node board fails - who would you blame?

Reactions: Tex
I see loads of machines with sh^t state rears.
Chips, scratches, dings dents etc….
How does that happen I wonder……
Had several professionals deliver machines that have sustained damage (delivered from new)
Poor protection during movement, miss handling etc…
If worried, best way would be to inspect and collect yourself…. take your time, ain’t difficult.
My surprise is many professional delivery teams don’t use additional protection, ie protected van floors - carpeted, rubber flooring or otherwise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tex
Back
Top Bottom