What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello!

uptheramp

Registered
I've been perusing the Sales section for about a year now, and decided it's time to introduce myself.

I'm not new to pinball, started in 2016~ish, but I've never owned one - though I do have some friends who are very kind and lend a hand repairing their pins from time to time. I've also become very interested in colour dmds and all the work that's gone into them. I think I'm going to try and build one myself :) I know a lot of people rave about ColorDMD but I'd really like to do it by hand, and see how cheap it can be done.

Have any of you ever built a colour dmd set up, or done the LCD mod? I think those look really cool too especially on certain machines when the "scan mode" gives the graphics a unique touch.

Looking forward to more discussions around the forums.
Cheers!

Welcome along, im no expert on colour DMD solutions but I think Pin2DMD is the more diy/open source option for people wanting to build one and customise the colourisation

Cheers lads! Its good to be here.

Welcome along, im no expert on colour DMD solutions but I think Pin2DMD is the more diy/open source option for people wanting to build one and customise the colourisation

I've read through their guide on getting the hardware set up. I'm only now combing through all the drama between freezy and lucky1 from a few years ago - just to get my bearings straight on what's legit and open source, and what requirements there are for proprietary works etc. I'm sure I won't fully grok the code situation until I just do the damn thing!

When I get the ball rolling I'll be sure to post results in the appropriate forum!

Back
Top Bottom