What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Getaway HS2

Found one! Collected today and not long set up.

Getaway was my first machine that got me hooked. Some 20 games rotated through the door later, and I’m back to where I started!

Getaway is probably my favourite game ❤️
IMG_7395.webp

That is a lovely looking machine you got there, I really enjoyed playing the one at Pinfest it was very hypnotising watching the ball race around the supercharger!
Thank you. Yes, this one is very nice and with literally no fade to the sides or playfield (just very slight on the front panel only) I’m very happy with it.
Yes, the supercharger is definitely an excellent ‘pinball moment’ 😎👍🏼

Found one! Collected today and not long set up.

Getaway was my first machine that got me hooked. Some 20 games rotated through the door later, and I’m back to where I started!

Getaway is probably my favourite game ❤️ View attachment 259820
Glad you found one - mine's going nowhere for a good long while. Some mates came round & it was their son's favourite.

Glad you found one - mine's going nowhere for a good long while. Some mates came round & it was their son's favourite.
Hey Stew,
Thanks, yeah I’m glad I got one again. I don’t blame you for wanting to hang onto it. Yours is lovely, and seeing as it’s such a fun game, it’s a no brainer 😎
It’s nice to hear your mates son was loving it, might have planted the pinball seed with him now. 😃

That is a lovely looking machine you got there, I really enjoyed playing the one at Pinfest it was very hypnotising watching the ball race around the supercharger!

The supercharger wasn't without niggles when the machine was introduced; the earliest examples didn't have anything to prevent a ball exiting the loop occasionally bouncing off the metal ramp and landing up in the cabinet. A metal baffle was added to later ones, and provided if requested, to prevent this. Now apparently unobtainable, it fits to the underside of the plastic moulding for the rear edge of the glass, rather than the playfield.

The first of those to arrive at work had a intermittent Test Report, which could appear and vanish again multiple times during a game. When caught, it said "Diverter Error". Apparently, early in the design stage, every shot up the fixed ramp was intended to circle around the supercharger, even if only once. Though that had been dropped, the software edition P-C installed still had its reporting section expecting this, producing the report on seeing an 'uneventful' shot to the ramp, and clearing it when the supercharger was used.

Back
Top Bottom