What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Garden Hedge Trimmers

Big Phil

Registered
10 Years
So doing the garden today, cutting the hedges with the electric hedge trimmer, I obviously cut through the cable. Repaired that and continued......

Thought it would be a good idea to oil the blades as I've never done that. Ever.

Can't cut a damn thing now. I'm guessing you're not meant to oil them? It's like giving the hedge a massage now.

I'm rubbish at gardening.

Well, at least you didn’t cut the end of your finger off on the blades like I did as a teenager. Don’t ask me why cos I’m still not sure. Got it stitched back on so all was good but cut the nerves so no feelings there ever since.

I find Stihl 2 stroke garden equipment very hard to beat. Robust, simple maintenance, very few tools needed to dismantle them, superb spares availability, very good design

Candy's dandy. But 2 stroke's quicker

Cut through my cable twice. Ended up buying a cheap cordless which is good enough, although when you first use it you are subconsciously trying to avoid cutting the 'cable' that isn't there.

I've never oiled the blades but do give them a quick spray with GT85. It's a nice smell that reminds me of summer.

I used to use a cabled hedge trimmer / strimmer, then moved to two stroke ones, since moved to 48V dewalt ones, never looked back, the battery ones I’ve used are just so much better in every way.

My ‘gardener’ still uses old fashioned shears, takes him 4 hours to do a hedge that now takes me 30 minutes, fortunately he charges by the hour 🤔

So doing the garden today, cutting the hedges with the electric hedge trimmer, I obviously cut through the cable. Repaired that and continued......

Thought it would be a good idea to oil the blades as I've never done that. Ever.

Can't cut a damn thing now. I'm guessing you're not meant to oil them? It's like giving the hedge a massage now.

I'm rubbish at gardening.
Take them apart and clean the tree goo off em

Reactions: JT.
I use a Sthil FS90 which is a strimmer but I also have a hedge cutting attachment which makes it into a long reach hedge trimmer works a treat

Back
Top Bottom