What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flipper intermittent working

Kenneth

Registered
Put new rubbers on my Godzilla today and now the right flipper is working intermittently.
when replacing the rubber there was some pulling on the flipper but I don't see any broken wire.
what test should I be doing to fault find?
ever seen this before and know a fix?
Any guidance appreciated.

just had to fix an issue on my GZ where the flippers were intermintentlu cutting out. Been going on a few weeks.

Gave the f;lipper feed and return plugs on node board 8 a good shove to ensure they were seated and seems to have done the trick.

If its not snagging as you havnt left enough space under the flipper then maybe check the connectors on node board 8

Unless you are the incredible hunk or put new rubbers on godzilla using a sledgehammer I can safely say you are not the issue.

First go into switch test.

Test if the buttons are okay. On spike 2 games there is a connector that goes from the flipper buttons to the back of the playfield in the wiring loom. Check this! Have had a few of these pins pop out over the past year or so. Even on NIB games.

Check the coils in test and move about the wires at the solder point on the coil as well as to the node board as well as the ones for buttons if they register intermittent.

Had corrosion on these pins (on NIB) and also damaged pins. I think Stern must of had some that should not of got thru QC.

Thank you so much for both comments, this is now fixed. As suggested this was a Node board 8 challenge, without your guidance I would never had found that. So grateful.

Its fairly common as far as i understand. Hopefully it was just a loose connection rather than a new node board!

Back
Top Bottom