What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pending.. Firepower £900

FinalFight

Site Supporter
5Years
Bought this as a project from Phil.
Had the board sorted fitted few rubbers gave it a clean but still needs few switches looking at it plays but a switch will get stuck so score will start building up 😄
Has pf glass thanks to tazturbo (was missing)

(Also includes one of the weebly solenoid saver boards I got from DAD to add fuses to protect from locked on coils It's just the plain pcb board you need to buy the bits to make it up.. I bought this as my plan was to fit a playfield protector.)

£1000

IMG-20240831-WA0039.webp

Pics from when I bought it..
IMG_6174.webp
IMG_6173.webp
IMG_6176.webp

Last edited:
@RudeDogg1 you could buy this, combine into one perfect one and one project, sell the project on. It’s been 10 years after all ….

Ha it’s done just need someone to go through the electrics for the solenoids cuz I can’t get any life out of them. Haven’t the money to get someone to do it yet other priorities

I couldn't recall what the phrase 'You Won One Mission' is used for, so checked with ipdb. It's for Extra Ball awarded, a pretty rare occurrence. As to why it's recurring, the early Williams solid-state games didn't have a dedicated 'port' for communicating with the audio board, they used a set of solenoid drive transistors (No.s 9 to 13) to request effects according to which of the drives were switched On to control the select lines of the audio board. There may be a problem with one or more of the drives; it's decades since I owned a Firepower, but I have a vague recollection that the speech pulled up by one of the drives during the solenoid test is the phrase being repeated. Check the connectors leaving the driver board (bottom left corner) and arriving at the audio board (top centre).

Last edited:
Thank you I will check them out .. last time I was playing one of the target switches iirc kept sticking and throwing the score up

The 1 to 6 standup targets get hammered and a stuck switch is a frequent issue for firepower - so I'd look at the cause being one of the 1 to 6 standup targets. From your overhead picture I would guess 3 or 6 are the most likely culprits from how the target is set back.

Back
Top Bottom