What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Durham pinball?

Dr Bearbear

Registered
Good morning all,

I have recently moved to Durham (northeast England, south of Newcastle upon Tyne) and am wondering if there are any local pinball machines?
Does anybody know any pubs or sites with pinball near to me or if any private collectors are open to local play?

Cheers all!

Lane 7 in Newcastle has 4 stern pins avatar wheel of fortune Batman and another I was there on Sunday but simply couldn’t bring myself to pay to play any of them , they are crap oh csi , Cramlington is better with bond and turtles 🐢

Good morning all,

I have recently moved to Durham (northeast England, south of Newcastle upon Tyne) and am wondering if there are any local pinball machines?
Does anybody know any pubs or sites with pinball near to me or if any private collectors are open to local play?

Cheers
Newcastle pins (as of 5/2023)

Four Quarters - Deadpool and Jurassic Park
NQ64 - Tron and Ghostbusters
Alvinos - LOTR
Strawberry - Star Wars
Mayfair - Transformers and WPT
Lane 7 - CSI, TBDK, WOF, Avatar
Habita - SW Mando, Rush
Hancock - SM

Last edited:
Where in Cramlington?
Lane 7 in Newcastle has 4 stern pins avatar wheel of fortune Batman and another I was there on Sunday but simply couldn’t bring myself to pay to play any of them , they are crap oh csi , Cramlington is better with bond and turtles 🐢

it’s at the leisure Center - swimming pool Concordia , upstairs they have a bowling alley and bar
Rewind a very long time - I remember playing Atari Star Wars cockpit in Concordia after swimming in the awesome pool with palm trees and slides. I also had sausage chips and beans in the cafe upstairs. That place was awesome in the 80’s.

Theres 3 in the cinema down Hartlepool. Ironman played ok, Hot wheels wouldnt accept money and Spiderman flippers where very weak and you only had to breath on it and it would tilt. This was in January so these may have been fixed by now.
I have GOTG and FT welcome to come play these.

Bugger all in Durham unfortunately. There's a few in Newcastle

Alvinos - LOTR
Strawberry - Star Wars
Mayfair - Transformers and IJ4?
Mayfair has TF and WPT; not IJ4 now.
Hancock- SM

Arcade Warehouse in North Shields- save your petrol- worst playing Gottlieb SF2 ever.

Other than Col’s amazing collection- check out NERG this summer at Gateshead Stadium, was excellent last year. Big Phil on this forum has set up a thread and more info is on the NERG Twitter page which regularly posts which pins will be there.

FYI- played JB last night- what a cool game to shoot, quite forgiving for an average player like me and some kooky ball paths from the left orbit to the wire form. Multiballs seemed to blow up my points so was just going for the rocket 🚀 a lot to light them and the tank for the outlane ball saves. Bless Jeff / @Parallax Digital, causing him bother already- I managed to get a ball stuck in the lair shot on turtles. Jeff on the case and has sorted this morning. For those who’ve not seen the other thread on North East pins- he’s put a Rush and a Mando in Habita the Northumbria Uni bar which is open to the general public. Feels like a great time to enjoy new games in the region without having to travel down South or wait for NERG

Let's use this thread to keep an updated list of pins in Newcastle city centre

(as of 5/2023)

Alvinos - LOTR
Strawberry - Stern Star Wars
Habita - SW Mando, Rush
Hancock - SM

(as of 5/2023)

Alvinos - LOTR
Habita - SW Mando, Rush
Hancock - SM
Colys + Neighbours
GZ le
DP le
BM66 cw edt.
SThings le
Flash Gordon
Fish Tales
TWD le
Met prem
DDude (getting workshopped)
TNA CE incoming v.soon
EHOH
TMNT pro
AIQ prem
TOM
ST le
TAF
HS2
Houdini
Munsters le
BMTDK

Heading to Newcastle tonight to 4 Quarters- anyone got some quick tips how to score well on JP or DP?

(as of 5/2023)

Alvinos - LOTR
Habita - SW Mando, Rush
Hancock - SM
Quick question @Parallax Digital - is Mando and Rush still at Habita? Wasn’t sure if the campus was open this month. Going to Whitley tomorrow morning while the kids are at a dance class- can’t wait to get some games on Rush- looks a good layout and I’m partial to a few of their better known tunes

Quick question @Parallax Digital - is Mando and Rush still at Habita? Wasn’t sure if the campus was open this month. Going to Whitley tomorrow morning while the kids are at a dance class- can’t wait to get some games on Rush- looks a good layout and I’m partial to a few of their better known tunes
Yes they are in Habita but closed until Monday for the half term break

I had a cheeky Blue Moon in DH yesterday evening playing Rush and it us set up nicely and levelled well on that floor. Table kicked my ass though - was not on form at all so high scores are there for the taking 🤣

Just finishing all of the paperwork for our new display systems so we will be rolling out the leaderboard displays integrated with the content management system, and the tournaments on sites will start with those deployments.

That’s awesome- leaderboards are a great idea to drum up interest and give punters an extra incentive to comeback to a venue.

Just been to Four Quarters in Newcastle for the first time today. Started by trying to put £1 coins into the pins, and then cottoned on to why Four Quarters is called Four Quarters - is it just me, or has everyone else done that the first time they've been there?

Newcastle City Centre today, here’s an update….
Four Quarters - DP, JP
HMV- POTC, JP, WPT
NQ64 - IMDN, SW
Alvinos - LOTR
Strawberry - SW
Mayfair - Tron, Sharkey’s Shootout.
Head of Steam- Jungle Lord, Jackbot.
Lane 7, Habita and Hancock now have no pins

Back
Top Bottom