What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Dreamcast console

New version of this coming out next year mate, looks good.

Got one in the loft, can test it later to see if it works, from memory has the vga output cable and a selection of ‘dodgy’ games 🤣

The Dreamcast is my fav console ever. So many great games and memories of epic battles at uni.
This thread has inspired me to dig it out of storage at some point over the summer!!

You can replace the psu for a much cooler one to stop resets and also swap out the GDU for a memory card reader to play games straight off a stick.
I did mine for about £80 off Ali Express and it has pretty much every game.

My Fave game EVER (well.. alongside Speedball Deluxe on the Amiga!)...
Yep love me some soul calibur on dreamcast. I remember picking up a Japanese Console from games exchange up in london with soul calibur and sonic just so i could play them straight away as i wouldnt wait for the UK Console.
bit silly really as my Japanese aint so good and it was quite the task just setting it all up and playing a game 😂
I still have my UK Dreamcast and also my Amiga 500 batman pack. and speedball 1 and 2 were favs with me and my friends. I remember there being a lot of ducking involved by us when one of my mates was playing as he would rage and throw the joysticks. Especially on speedball 2 when we would keep saying ICE CREAM ICE CREAM at him while he was playing, Wow he used to lose his ****. Hahahahaha. Good times.

You can replace the psu for a much cooler one to stop resets and also swap out the GDU for a memory card reader to play games straight off a stick.
I did mine for about £80 off Ali Express and it has pretty much every game.
Yeah I was looking at doing that seen them on Ali, Are the power supplys becoming a problem on them now? I never remember having problems with them bitd but suppose they are getting on a bit 😆
Are they on Ali too?

Yep love me some soul calibur on dreamcast. I remember picking up a Japanese Console from games exchange up in london with soul calibur and sonic just so i could play them straight away as i wouldnt wait for the UK Console.

I did the same - got the Japanese console shortly after launch to play Sonic Adventure and Sega Rally 2. I remember calling CEX day after day to ask if their shipments had landed when Crazy Taxi and Soul Calibur came out. I also bought the Japanese version of Shenmue which was really pointless given I don’t speak Japanese either. Had to play through it just following instructions from a guide from GameFAQs!

I very clearly remember the day the Utopia boot disc and the first few game rips came out. Couldn’t believe it.

And don't forget the best game on Dreamcast...................... DAYTONAAAAAAAAAAAA

That’s a strange way to spell Jet Set Radio

Crazy taxi was big at the time but thats one I just can't get into anymore so repetitive.
F355 was a great port
I didn't mind that extreme sports one either was a laugh
Unreal tournament and quake multi 🥰

Last edited:
bit silly really as my Japanese aint so good and it was quite the task just setting it all up and playing a game 😂
I still have my UK Dreamcast and also my Amiga 500 batman pack. and speedball 1 and 2 were favs with me and my friends. I remember there being a lot of ducking involved by us when one of my mates was playing as he would rage and throw the joysticks. Especially on speedball 2 when we would keep saying ICE CREAM ICE CREAM at him while he was playing, Wow he used to lose his ****. Hahahahaha. Good times.
🤣🤣 sounds like how I played my Amiga (also Batman pack) everyt ime sensible soccer did me over in injury time I pretty much annihilated one of these.
Went through dozens of this type of joystick smashing them against my desk.

1721492950060.png1721492969694.png

Sega Saturn was my first console post Amiga days, didn't trust Sega after that to go anywhere near a dreamcast

Crazy taxi was big at the time but thats one I just can't get into anymore so repetitive.

Yeah it’s fun for a quick blast to relive the memories but I never stick with it for more than 30 mins. Sega have plans to bring the franchise back though - rumours suggest a remake of the original game and then a free to play online multiplayer version a year later. Same for Jet Set Radio.

This slide was leaked from an internal presentation of some sort:

undefined - Imgur.jpeg

Last edited:
The Navigator on the right was my go to joystick .......couldn't play a game of anything without it.

🤣🤣 sounds like how I played my Amiga (also Batman pack) everyt ime sensible soccer did me over in injury time I pretty much annihilated one of these.

View attachment 256158View attachment 256159

Sega Saturn was my first console post Amiga days, didn't trust Sega after that to go anywhere near a dreamcast

Always wanted the red one after seeing it in a magazine looked so cool at the time... I had the cream cheetah joystick but that broke so fast from them on I had the quickshot 2 and used to sometimes plug my atari 2600 joystick in and use that

Always wanted the red one after seeing it in a magazine looked so cool at the time... I had the cream cheetah joystick but that broke so fast from them on I had the quickshot 2 and used to sometimes plug my atari 2600 joystick in and use that
Ohhhh, the Cheetah bug had fallen out of my head. Smashed that one to smithereens too
1721493894545.png

Yeah I was looking at doing that seen them on Ali, Are the power supplys becoming a problem on them now? I never remember having problems with them bitd but suppose they are getting on a bit 😆
Are they on Ali too?
You need the new PSU if you use the GDemu jobbie, otherwise you need to stick a resistor in the 12v.

I have 3 DCs and 2 kept getting random resets. I bent the pins and got a bit more life out of them but the new PSUs sorted the resets out and the things just run way cooler now which just be a good thing for the motherboards.

View attachment 256158View attachment 256159

I used to love playing Kick Off on the Amiga, pretty sure I liked the Competition Pro joystick back then.
Got an Atari Jaguar somewhere, one of my kids had a display of all my old consoles. Better check😂

I remember running up my mum's phone bill playing phantasy star over the 56kv90 modem...was mind blowing with keyboard and mouse playing with others, unreal tournament and quake were boss online too. Fun times

Back
Top Bottom