What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crazy/ Heartwarming Sports Story

DRD

Site Supporter
5Years
I'm off to the USA on hols and the highlight for me is always the NHL ice hockey.

Each team is allowed 2x goal tenders. The starting one will earn usd 5m to 10m a year.

There is this truly mad rule whereby each home team has to have an Emergency Back Up Goal Tender present in the stadium. This guy is unpaid, sits in the stands, attends every match just in case either the home or away side loses both their goal tenders to injury.

The EBUGs never, ever get called to play. They might be past 40 yrs old and are effectively 4th division players They sit in the stands, aren't even dressed. Their mismatched, wrong colour kit, sits in a bag. But once a season, say one game in 1300, one of them gets to play ......

You always surprise me, David, and I always enjoy your posts. I’ve never seen a game of ice hockey in my life either live or on telly but I bet it would be a blast. When I was a kid I had a game a bit like a fusbal table that was ice hockey I think.

So that that EBUG guy get his 5m?

You always surprise me, David, and I always enjoy your posts. I’ve never seen a game of ice hockey in my life either live or on telly but I bet it would be a blast. When I was a kid I had a game a bit like a fusbal table that was ice hockey I think.

So that that EBUG guy get his 5m?
Yeah, that is called bubble hockey and it is a lot of fun. They still sell them now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom