What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chrome Plating Questions

SpiderPin

Site Supporter
Finally back with Shadow and looking at getting the lockdown bar, coin door, both ramps (Don't think the chroming should wear off, should it?), all wire-forms and maybe the pistol grip chromed. Was thinking legs as well but suspect it might be cheaper to just buy new chrome legs (if anyone knows, let me know!). Some of the parts would also have to be prepped and have rust / paint removed but I'm sure a sandblaster could do that.
Just had a couple questions - does anyone have any recommendations as to people who can do this, how much it should cost and anything to be aware of?
Cheers!

Douglas metal plating in London are very good but not cheap. If you search for 'douglas' on here you will find more information.

Typically they will do all the prep to clean it up. Ramps might be trickier if they have decals or riveted flaps.

Last edited:
I can help you with plating, I have used a firm near me plenty of times before including the bits on the shadow at the club.

Used these guys for my fish tails handle recently, did a nice enough job

Again wasnt cheap about £170 , not sure theres such a thing as cheap chrome plating anymore ???

They were about £10 cheaper than quote i had from Douglass metal so nothing much in it.

Will try Douglas next for dirty harry gun handle.

Got all my ES habit trails chromed via company in Bristol, can't quite remember the price but was not far over £100 from memory, They also mirror polished all my ball guides as well.

I’ve used Douglas plating for quite a few parts now and their work is top notch. They do triple plate chroming, so nickel, copper then chrome. Bishop is the man to talk to, he did all the chroming for my T2.

Personally I wouldn’t chrome the ramps. They advised me to polish them to a mirror finish on my T2 as chrome wouldn’t last long with the ball rolling on it constantly.

If you choose not to do the legs, you will definitely notice the difference when compared to the new parts you do chrome as the quality of the legs as standard is no where near as good to decent plating.

Last edited:
I know this is a old post, but what sort of cost is it to chome plate all the metal cabinet bits ?
I normally just do powder coat which is around £200 for the nice metallic colours.
I see a lot of people recommend Douglas, can't find anywhere local, so will see if I can Just send it all in depending on price.
Many Thanks

If it’s just the legs, lock bar and side rails, I’d say closer to £800+ at Douglas. Compared to Powdercoating, chrome plating is crazy expensive now.

If you want, I’ll cam PM you the guys details that is in charge of the polishing and chrome department and you can either email of message him for a quote.

You have to take it in to get a quote really.

Probably looking at £400+
That's ashame if I can't send them as not worth doing the 3 hour drive each way.
I have sent them a message and will keep looking , see if I can find somebody around the West Midlands.
Many Thanks

If it’s just the legs, lock bar and side rails, I’d say closer to £800+ at Douglas. Compared to Powdercoating, chrome plating is crazy expensive now.

If you want, I’ll cam PM you the guys details that is in charge of the polishing and chrome department and you can either email of message him for a quote.
I was going to do the lot including coin door and shooter housing, but if its close to a grand then I would go back to powder coating.
I thought it would be around £500, didnt think it would be so expensive.
Many Thanks

Back
Top Bottom