What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheap Insurance Solution for Those With Outbuildings

DRD

Registered
5Years
Brains of pinballinfo - what am I missing ?

I am amazed at how cheap this is. Is this too good to be true ? Is this the answer for the pinshed guys ?

Marks and Spencer Premier Home Insurance - Underwritten by Aviva
  • No need to estimate rebuild costs - unlimited outbuildings cover
  • £15,000 single limit item
  • No need to disclose all your valuables or even put a value on all your stuff - unlimited contents cover
  • No questions about security/ alarms/ safes/ types of locks on all your doors and windows
Now, this clearly does not have the customisation of Ian's old policy, in terms of taking pinball machines to shows and having a broker-led service.

But before I commit to this - what am I missing please guys ?

I do not know whether this is advisory or compulsory:

In the Ts & Cs

"2. Your duty to prevent loss or damage
You and any other person this insurance applies to must take all reasonable precautions to prevent accidents, loss or damage and keep insured property in good condition."

This sounds pretty vague to me. "all reasonable precautions" ??

Last edited:
David.
My staff are saying the M&S policy is really good, and we can't compete with it currently. After HCC stopped, we haven't found a competive alternative.

Reactions: DRD
M&S is who I went with in the end, take a risk when taking to shows etc but at least the ones both inside and out are protected against fire/flood etc

Based on that... @DRD do you have a link to the policy? Obviosly not yours, but the one the T&C's you posted are related to please? Might be beneficial for some after Ian's heads up above (Thank you @ianw 👍 👍)

Just filled this quote in.
No claims made in ten years. Only then it was contents when some electrical items went bang following a power surge in a storm.

Premium quote is coming out at £712 🤮🤮🤮.

Just filled this quote in.
No claims made in ten years. Only then it was contents when some electrical items went bang following a power surge in a storm.

Premium quote is coming out at £712 🤮🤮🤮.
Which insurance company is this with?

Back
Top Bottom