What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Cactus Canyon remake Track Mod (Stock parts)

Martin.D

Registered
5Years
Thought would pass on this information just in case anyone interested.
I think adding track to train on playfield worth the time. Sadly only track mod available in US and out stock.

Looking at train on playfield thought likely based on model train so just need to find right size. In this case 0 or 1 gauge.
Part I used "PECO ST700 Rail Track" which is 40cm long and 6.5cm wide.
Other parts used 6x washers between 2cm and 3cm & 1.0mm thick and 2x 4mm nuts (Odd 2 bolts under track on playfield seem to fit metric nuts).

Put 2 washers on center bolt under metal track on playfield (Can use 1 washer if 2mm or more think. Need gap between new track and playfield track so that train can move freely).
Then position new track over bolt & washers between 2 plastic sleepers on track so makes contact with washers and bolt under right end of playfield track.
Put 1 washer under new track and add nut, but keep loose for the moment. This makes it easier to add 2 washers under right side bolt under playfield track, put new track on top and add washer & nut.
With all washers and nuts in place you can tighten the nuts and center new track under playfield track (Yes in picture my new track might need pushing back a little on left side to put rail under playfield rail.

Hope I have given enough information to help install simple mod.

1720427056627.jpg

Back
Top Bottom