What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bride of Pinbot Power issue

kamalackarie

Registered
afternoon all. This afternooon, stupidly had the power on to the machine whilst adjusting a switch on a bumper. Game went dark!!

Powered down and back up and heres what i have.

initially on the CPU board LED D19 should blink and D21 should be ON. When all is well this then shifts to D19 off, D20 blinking and D21 ON.
What i have is D19 hard on and D21 hard on.
Meanwhile over on the power board....
LED STATUS _ if its in bold is a problem.....

LED 1 - OFF (+12vdc switch circuit should be on )
LED 2 - OFF
(high/low line voltage sensor - should be on )
LED 3 - OFF as normal
LED4 -ON - as normal ( +5vdc )
LED 5 - ON (+20v flash lamp circuit - should be Off)
LED 6 - ON as normal - +18vdc
LED 7 - ON as normal +12vdc power circuit motors/relays

All i have is power to a few of the brides head lamps
i assume i have fried something somewhere but with the limites documentaiton i have and also my noobie knowledge ( enough to be dangerous). No idea where to start
all fuses test OK
All help appreciated..

I wish it was that easy.

ive checked them all. F101 Through F116 on the Power driver board all good
The 2 fuses on the audio board all good
the Fuse in the body by the transformer - good

did i miss one.....

thinking i must have blown a cap - have no schematic to follow the 12v path

any other ideas most welcome

Thanks for this - i have the Manual - it does not have schematics for the power. I am assuming perhaps a cap has blown - i may have to take the board off and test see what happens

its frustrating not knowing where to look to trouble shoot this.
I also have the manual for "harley Davidson" as its basiclaly the same set up

thanks all for your input. I have taken each and every fuse out and tested - all are ok. Even swapped out a new 3A on 116....
attached video shows you a lot of nothing happening once i power up. Hopefully someone will see something i am missing here

oh in the video i say 16v led its the 12v one
View attachment Img 1997 1.mp4

Maybe a red herring with what you were doing and the fault you have. Can you reseat the ribbon cables and make sure all roms are seated correctly. Gently push them in also reseat the cables on the cpu..

Sorry I misread the schematic earlier the 12v you are having issues with is the 12v digital. This runs off the 18v which should be OK as led6 is lit. But it would be best to test what voltage you have at tp8 should be 18vdc.

Recheck f115 fuse out of its holder.

Attachments

• 17294522511231504482073708556178.webp
    17294522511231504482073708556178.webp
    48.6 KB · Views: 7
If 115 fuse is ok then it’s a very simple circuit that derives 12v from the 18v - the voltage regulator being the suspect (but could be either of the diodes) - check you got voltage going into it (around 16.8v), then see if 12v coming out of it?

If 115 fuse is ok then it’s a very simple circuit that derives 12v from the 18v - the voltage regulator being the suspect (but could be either of the diodes) - check you got voltage going into it (around 16.8v), then see if 12v coming out of it?
Thank you - so Fuse 115 is ok - I get 18.5V from TP8 - im currently searching for D1 D2 and Q2 -- standby

Back
Top Bottom