What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bally Dolly Parton sound enhancement

RichS

Registered
Hi all I have been contacted by the owner of a Dolly Parton Pin. As she explained, the audio sound is very boring. Does anyone know if there is a sound kit available to at least play her greatest hits? I have spoken to Pinsound and they cannot help. Advice appreciated

TKS in advance Rich

Hi all I have been contacted by the owner of a Dolly Parton Pin. As she explained, the audio sound is very boring. Does anyone know if there is a sound kit available to at least play her greatest hits? I have spoken to Pinsound and they cannot help. Advice appreciated

TKS in advance Rich

Hi Rich, I know somebody has produced a sound upgrade on Flash Gordon but Dolly is two years older than the 81 Bally's so not sure if it can be done on that. Might be worth checking on pinside.

I have to say the sound on Dolly is absolutely charming, I love the old-school sound on it.

Hi Rich, I know somebody has produced a sound upgrade on Flash Gordon but Dolly is two years older than the 81 Bally's so not sure if it can be done on that. Might be worth checking on pinside.

I have to say the sound on Dolly is absolutely charming, I love the old-school sound on it.
thank you.

I think the geo-tech guy made one for star trek that uses custom sounds on a micro sd card,that's a same era pin,so don't see why it couldn't be used with custom dolly sounds

I got in touch with the guy that did Flash Gordon and he had no plans to do Dolly as was swamped doing other games … perhaps pile on and show interest with him he may do it

I got in touch with the guy that did Flash Gordon and he had no plans to do Dolly as was swamped doing other games … perhaps pile on and show interest with him he may do it
it's just a case of putting custom sounds on the micro sd in the right format/location,so pretty sure it would work,I played about with the flash gordon ones and changed a few to some different quotes from the film

GeeTeeOh board needs to support the game before you can actually use it though. The work that Jeff does is to map the various switch hits to the relevant sound calls as per the original sound board and this is coded into the board. The end user can change the sound associated with each mapping but the actual mappings are game specific as far as I'm aware so his board would need to support Dolly Parton before it could be used in one as it has completely different mappings between the switches and the sound board.

throw in a few switches and use this:

Done it a few times.

You can inject signal from here to the sound board as well if you want to reuse amp but I normally start from scratch!

Yes an mp3 trigger is the cheaper option and you have to install extra switches,but on a basic game like dolly it should not be to difficult

Back
Top Bottom