What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Atari StarWars upright arcade cab

Bobbdobalina

Site Supporter
Hi all, just posted my Atari StarWars arcade cab for sale on UKVAC and UKVAC facebook.
Thought I’d also post here to see if anyone’s interested.
It’s in great original condition and has just had the Amplifone monitor repaired by Jim ( Mypinballs)

I’ll just post the link rather than repeat the total description and photos here.

Price is £3000 ONO

Any questions or further info/ photos please don’t hesitate to ask.

Collection from Nottingham and of course multiple Martins have picked up/dropped off before.
IMG_2513.jpegIMG_2510.jpegIMG_2511.jpegIMG_2509.jpeg

I spy a Mortal Kombat hiding in the corner 🤩
You do indeed 🙂 . They are surprisingly hard to come by in the UK. It’s a work in progress Ant, unfortunately I was unable to save the side art but the rest is solid.
Will eventually have MK & MK 2 in a Riddle tv switcher and then my life will be complete 😍

You do indeed 🙂 . They are surprisingly hard to come by in the UK. It’s a work in progress Ant, unfortunately I was unable to save the side art but the rest is solid.
Will eventually have MK & MK 2 in a Riddle tv switcher and then my life will be complete 😍
That’s a shame. The the cabinet have painted sides?

Id like to eventually get all 4 MKs in US midway cabinets in a line up. I have MK2 but it’s MK1 that I really want as that’s my personal favourite.

That’s a shame. The the cabinet have painted sides?

Id like to eventually get all 4 MKs in US midway cabinets in a line up. I have MK2 but it’s MK1 that I really want as that’s my personal favourite.
Yeah,everything was painted black which is often the case as they are a heavily converted cab in the states. I was gutted as the art looks to be unfaded underneath the black.

A pain as the Midway’’ on the front of the control panel stripped really easily but with the sides of the same control panel and the cabinet sides were a nightmare.
I did little tester patches with 3 or 4 different paint strippers as recommended on various forums and they either did nothing whatsoever ever or took the ink out of the artwork in nasty patches.
I’ll do a full restoration when the time comes.

I’ve already had a electrocoin Mk 2 which I actually sold on here a year or two ago, but like you MK 1 is where my heart lies even if MK 2 is actually the best game out of the entire series in my opinion.
MK 1 is full of obsessive teenage nostalgia 😂

Attachments

• IMG_1291.jpeg
    IMG_1291.jpeg
    233.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1292.jpeg
    IMG_1292.jpeg
    248.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1293.jpeg
    IMG_1293.jpeg
    187.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1272.jpeg
    IMG_1272.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1273.jpeg
    IMG_1273.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1274.jpeg
    IMG_1274.jpeg
    96.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1294.jpeg
    IMG_1294.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 11
Hi all, just posted my Atari StarWars arcade cab for sale on UKVAC and UKVAC facebook.
Thought I’d also post here to see if anyone’s interested.
It’s in great original condition and has just had the Amplifone monitor repaired by Jim ( Mypinballs)

I’ll just post the link rather than repeat the total description and photos here.

Price is £3000 ONO

Any questions or further info/ photos please don’t hesitate to ask.

Collection from Nottingham and of course multiple Martins have picked up/dropped off before.
View attachment 253264View attachment 253265View attachment 253266View attachment 253267

Great game! Major job to get this back in service! But always good to see another one fixed :) PCB needed some work to

Yeah,everything was painted black which is often the case as they are a heavily converted cab in the states. I was gutted as the art looks to be unfaded underneath the black.

A pain as the Midway’’ on the front of the control panel stripped really easily but with the sides of the same control panel and the cabinet sides were a nightmare.
I did little tester patches with 3 or 4 different paint strippers as recommended on various forums and they either did nothing whatsoever ever or took the ink out of the artwork in nasty patches.
I’ll do a full restoration when the time comes.

I’ve already had a electrocoin Mk 2 which I actually sold on here a year or two ago, but like you MK 1 is where my heart lies even if MK 2 is actually the best game out of the entire series in my opinion.
MK 1 is full of obsessive teenage nostalgia 😂
I’ve seen quite a few cabs where the paint that’s been used over the original artwork actually protected especially games that were prone to fading like MK1.

It is a real shame the sides didn’t strip as the front came out great. The one that seems to be used all the time in the US is citristrip.
I found some at a Walmart when I was in Texas and thought about trying to bring some home but bottled it after I read what it was made with 😬😂.

I’m with you in that MK2 is easily a superior game and the best out of the original 4, but for me, when I hear that bong and music after pressing start, it takes me back to to 92/93 and crowding round the one at my local Laser Quest to hopefully see a fatality 😂

I’ve seen quite a few cabs where the paint that’s been used over the original artwork actually protected especially games that were prone to fading like MK1.

It is a real shame the sides didn’t strip as the front came out great. The one that seems to be used all the time in the US is citristrip.
I found some at a Walmart when I was in Texas and thought about trying to bring some home but bottled it after I read what it was made with 😬😂.

I’m with you in that MK2 is easily a superior game and the best out of the original 4, but for me, when I hear that bong and music after pressing start, it takes me back to to 92/93 and crowding round the one at my local Laser Quest to hopefully see a fatality 😂
Identical memories for me mate, it was also laser quest (Nottingham )for me.
Virtually lived in the place just to watch and hopefully play MK.
The staff weren’t much older than me and obviously played MK a lot after hours etc and really used to lord it over me and my mates with their skill on this amazing new game and show off with fatalities while we stood there open mouthed 😂
Great days 🙂

Back
Top Bottom