What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone willing to help an absolute novice?

Benner

Site Supporter
Hi all,

I have recently scored a vpin running off a pc. It has a couple of tables on it, and has visual pinball.

I have attempted to get tables from vpin universe and have plopped downloaded files into my tables file, but every table I try comes up with an error (I can usually see the table, I can get sound of adding tokens, but nothing else).

I have tried to use youtube and google but everything I read/see talks about stuff that I simply do not understand. Is there a guide out there for the absolute novice that knows nothing at all that takes you step by step in layman’s terms? Or, is anyone here willing to sacrifice their sanity and talk me through the potentially basic process that I am just not getting?

Many thanks in advance!

Ben

I do not do much these days on vpin on the building side - but pinballs are part of my living so any work I do is chargeable. So yes I can help but you will be getting a bill at the end of it I am afraid.
Thanks @Pick Holder. At least if I am getting a bill I wouldn’t feel as bad for being utterly clueless!

I’m going to have another crack and failing that (inevitably) I will shoot you a PM 👍

Sounds like you also need to download the ROMs for the game and drop them in the folder with all the other ROMs. No access to a vpin anymore, but I do remember the pain of this particular problem when starting out.

Sounds like you also need to download the ROMs for the game and drop them in the folder with all the other ROMs. No access to a vpin anymore, but I do remember the pain of this particular problem when starting out.

Thanks for that, I think you could be right. I don’t want loads of tables, just more than the 1 fully working one that’s in place.

Back
Top Bottom